Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

contraception Rod in Arm Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,
I have a 3year old DS and a Four month old DD, my partner and i decided that we have had enough children for the moment as I also have a step daughter 9yr old DP daughter. So the house is pretty full.
I decided to go get the contraception Rod put in my arm, I have found i didnt get my period till two week after it was due and now i have had my period going on 8 weeks. i have heard that you can either have your period non stop or have no period along with other side effects.
I now seem to be at like the end of a normal cycle but it just wont stop. its like a brownish discharge now. sorry too much info i know.
I was just wondering if there is anybody else who has had this rod and had similar side effects?
otherwise what would suggest i do?
i have thought about getting it taken out but one of my girlfriends said to persist as it sounds like my period is nearly finished.
but it is getting REALLY annoying now for my self and DP!

Hi Ladies,
I have a 3year old DS and a Four month old DD, my partner and i decided that we have had enough children for the moment as I also have a step daughter 9yr old DP daughter. So the house is pretty full.
I decided to go get the contraception Rod put in my arm, I have found i didnt get my period till two week after it was due and now i have had my period going on 8 weeks. i have heard that you can either have your period non stop or have no period along with other side effects.
I now seem to be at like the end of a normal cycle but it just wont stop. its like a brownish discharge now. sorry too much info i know.
I was just wondering if there is anybody else who has had this rod and had similar side effects?
otherwise what would suggest i do?
i have thought about getting it taken out but one of my girlfriends said to persist as it sounds like my period is nearly finished.
but it is getting REALLY annoying now for my self and DP!

Hi smile I think generally with the implanon they advise that it could take a few months to regulate itself. It doesnt stop you from getting periods completely, and you should just spot or have a lighter period when you do get it. If you are concerned by it, I would be going and getting it checked though. No harm in asking your Doctors opinion.
In saying that, with my first implanon I had it in for a good 7 months and then it started playing up and I had bleeding continuously for a year! Stress and other things can contribute to it not working properly. I have another one and have no issues with it to date!

My signatures wont work.. wahhhh!

I bled for 8 weeks straight without looking like the end was anywhere near. I suffered really low iron from it which gave me more issues like fainting/dizzyness. I went and saw the doctor and they said to try hormones to make the bleeding stop. I did this but as soon as i stopped taking the hormones the bleeding started again. I got it taken out after that. It honestly wasnt for me.
I was really lucky and didnt have any bleeding but my doctor also told me that it can happen. He told me to come back if it got to be so many weeks and they would give me an injection to stop it.

As it was, I broke mine in half. We had decided to have another baby and went to the doctors to get it removed only to discovered it had broken in half when i fell a few weeks early and i was already pregnant
Sign in to follow this topic