Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. C Section over Natural Birth????

C Section over Natural Birth???? Lock Rss

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied. I had a very successful vbac and feel fantastic... My baby girl was born 1 week early and all is well.
I called her Chloe Emily. She weighed 3.6kg so a little smaller then my first who was 4.0..
Thankyou and all the best to those in the same situation...
Congrats smile glad u had such a great VBAC this time smile u picked a beautiful name! Xx

Can i ask- for those who have birthed 'big' babies- how big is big?

I grow big babies lol. DS was biggest by far but even DD was big for my frame... OBs were shocked! I have csections for that reason cos that get stuck sad
DS was 3.44kg (7pd9) at 35+5wks... Drs guessed at term he would have been 10.5pd to 11pd plus!! :/ his head got stuck at 34.5cm circumference...
DD was 3.33kg (7pd8) at 38+1wks... A lot 'better' but head was still too big at 33.5cm circumference... I have a severely undersized pelvis though sad X-rays diagnosed it after DS got stuck... Not fun!
Let's see how big this one is!! Eek!! Another boy too which probably won't help!!

Squidlet wrote:

I think it's individual for everyone though smile depending on your size, stature/build etc... And genetics. My babies are a h*ll of a lot bigger than other women's in my family... Cos we have small pelvises and frames. Decent hips but a tiny pelvic opening.. But for me because my body grows bigger babies I haven't had a natural birth. My cousins biggest was only 6pd10 and HC of 31.5cm and he nearly got completely stuck and they used forceps for him...
Whereas my friend is a bigger girl (tall at 6ft1 and a size 14-16) and she birthed 4 kids with the SMALLEST being 9.5pds lol!

Nai&Beau wrote:
I had a 9lb7oz baby and am not a big person. I classify over 9lb as a big baby but it obviously depends on the person.

+1

Yep according to my OB the standard definition of a big baby is at least 9pd!
But for ppl like me with genetic disproportionate pelvises or a smaller size it can be smaller. It's so individual smile

Squidlet wrote:

Well I am 5ft 2 and a size 4 in jeans and I had a 3.64 (8lb 4oz) baby. I had an episiotomy and delivery was complicated by a mild shoulder dystocia. Midwife commented that she was a "big" baby for somebody like me with my tiny build. I will have a growth scan close to the end of my next pregnancy and if the baby is estimated to be bigger than 4kg (or 9lb) then I will very seriously consider an elective c section.

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

My biggest baby was 9lb2oz, I'm 157cm tall and before pregnant with him I was 55kg. I had him by em c-section, and the doc and nurses said they couldn't believe such a big baby came out of me!
Athaye wrote:
My biggest baby was 9lb2oz, I'm 157cm tall and before pregnant with him I was 55kg. I had him by em c-section, and the doc and nurses said they couldn't believe such a big baby came out of me!

Lol your the same size as me tongue and they said that about DS cos he was soooo big for a prem! N with DD being quite large for my small frame they said I must just grow big babies (for me) - cant be helped I guess tongue

V_1990 wrote:
Lol your the same size as me tongue and they said that about DS cos he was soooo big for a prem! N with DD being quite large for my small frame they said I must just grow big babies (for me) - cant be helped I guess tongue

Yeah, for my size I apparently grow big babies too. My other 2 kids were, 7lb15.5oz (she looked so tiny compared to DS) and 8lb8oz. So glad I didn't follow the "subsequent babies are bigger" trend!

My sister had a 6lb11oz baby this year - I was too scared to hold her because she was so tiny grin
Sign in to follow this topic