Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

What to pack for elective! Lock Rss

hey guys.

Looks like I might be having an elective CS.
Could you please help me out with a list of things I'll need for hospi and for afterwards?

I had an emerg CS 2 years ago and was so unprepared. So this time i want to be able to relax.

Thanks

++ And our beautiful big 2 year old girl is very excited to be a big sister ++

Little Miss's wrote:
Take all the things you would for a normal birth. Camera, charger etc.

The only thing for a c/s would be big undies that sit above your scar. Get them a couple of sizes too big so that they are loose around your belly. My scar sits below my normal undies but I still found that they rubbed too much.

Also the same for pants, I lived in my maternity trackies which were a fold over waist, I just kept it unfolded so it was up high.

The theatre staff took heaps of photos throughout my c/sections and we were allowed to take our phones into theatre (switched off) and could then send messages and call people from recovery.

Also talk to your midwife/OB about their policy on skin to skin and breastfeeding. When I had both mine we had skin to skin while still in theatre, the checked over the baby and then put her on my chest for the remainder of the surgery. I then got to breastfeed in recovery so very quickly after the birth.

Slip on shoes so you don't have to bend to put them on.

If i think of more i'll add. Feel free to ask any q's smile

Thanks for reply! I have undies from last CS that DH had to go out and buy! So will def be taking them. Regarding the camera in theater, is the nurse pretty happy to take photos usually? Cause I would love a photo of me and DH first seeing baby. Just really important to me!

And I will def ask OBGYN if I can take phones in and also on BF and skin to skin. I've never heard of you being able to allow baby skin to skin while in theater! Will have to ask too!

One more thing, How early do they usually book you in?

thanks

you'll still need maternity pads, there is bleeding just not as much. Also they are handy to use as padding between your incision and your pants. Same as little miss's said, big granny undies and high waist pants will be your friends for a while smile

I took books to read but couldn't really concentrate, magazines are easier to flip through. Ipod for music
your own nice toiletries, a comfy pillow

thats all i have for now

smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Thanks guys! Very helpful.

My milk took 7 days to come in after the trauma of DD's birth. So I'll be doing all I can to bring it in early smile

Anything else I need?

Tangerines wrote:
hey guys.

Could you please help me out with a list of things I'll need for hospi and for afterwards?

I had an emerg CS 2 years ago and was so unprepared. So this time i want to be able to relax.

Thanks

Am I being to nosey as to ask why you might be having an elective c section? Im wanting one but want to know the reasons ob's say yes or suggest elective. sorry if i was being too nosey sad
Kylespeanut wrote:
Tangerines wrote:
hey guys.

Thanks

Am I being to nosey as to ask why you might be having an elective c section? Im wanting one but want to know the reasons ob's say yes or suggest elective. sorry if i was being too nosey sad

Hi Kylespeanut

No it's not nosy at all!! I'm 26 weeks along - so haven't seen OB yet. But after a lot of research, talking and some counselling, i decided an elective was best for me. DD's birth was very traumatic, so we just felt elective was best. I'm so looking forward to a beautiful, relaxing birth with this baby. And I'm going to push for her to be on my chest asap. Can't wait! My MW is on board with me and very supportive. So I'm very blessed.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you wanting/needing an elective? Is that what you want?

HIya,

THanks for that smile I feel extra nosey lol.

The reason im wanting one is im stressing out the labour, my mum has passed away so cant ask her about her labours but I know my sister had a very tough labour with both of her babies, I suffer from really bad anxiety and my M/W thinks i have high blood pressure so shes referred me to a ob. I know in myself that if i get anxious near the birth it wont go well and my blood pressure will go sky high. I dont want my baby to get distressed cause i am and the last reason im worried about my size, im a big girl who never thought she could have kids.
Kylespeanut wrote:
HIya,

The reason im wanting one is im stressing out the labour, my mum has passed away so cant ask her about her labours but I know my sister had a very tough labour with both of her babies, I suffer from really bad anxiety and my M/W thinks i have high blood pressure so shes referred me to a ob. I know in myself that if i get anxious near the birth it wont go well and my blood pressure will go sky high. I dont want my baby to get distressed cause i am and the last reason im worried about my size, im a big girl who never thought she could have kids.

Im also 26 Weeks along and seeing the OB for the first time tomorrow. they are thinking because of my size and my mum who had gestational diabetes that I will get it too sad
Kylespeanut wrote:
Kylespeanut wrote:
HIya,

Im also 26 Weeks along and seeing the OB for the first time tomorrow. they are thinking because of my size and my mum who had gestational diabetes that I will get it too sad

Is this your first baby? I'm a big girl too (size 20-22 - 5"9 tall).

That was a contributing factor in my decision too. Not that I think big girls can't birth babies - but it leaves the stress of my weight causing me problems.

How are you feeling about it all? That's great you have a supportive midwife. I'm really sorry about your mum. That must be so hard. Especially in light on having a baby.

If you would like to talk more, PM and we can discuss more smile

Tangerines wrote:
Kylespeanut wrote:
Kylespeanut wrote:
HIya,

Is this your first baby? I'm a big girl too (size 20-22 - 5"9 tall).

That was a contributing factor in my decision too. Not that I think big girls can't birth babies - but it leaves the stress of my weight causing me problems.

How are you feeling about it all? That's great you have a supportive midwife. I'm really sorry about your mum. That must be so hard. Especially in light on having a baby.

If you would like to talk more, PM and we can discuss more smile

Thanks doll, im new to all of this, how do you PM someone hahaha.
hmmm good question hahah!! ill give it a go

it says to send a message, you have to "follow that person". Can you see anywhere that you can follow me? Cause I can't see where to do that

Sign in to follow this topic