Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Elective C Section Lock Rss

Do they do elective C Sections in Hamilton?? Does anyone know what the Obstetricians think about when approving elective c sections??

I have my first obstetrician appointment on Wednesday and am wanting to ask for one but scared they will say no.

Thanks in advance smile
Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
If your request for a c/s is reasonable they won't turn you down.

I had an elective planned for my DS2 and the OB was more than happy to oblige when I explained my reasons. In the end he was delivered in an emergency situation so that all went out the window anyway.

If you don't ask you won't know.

As for if they do them in Hamilton I would think it depends on the OB more than anything.

Whats a reasonable request though lol
Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
Kylespeanut wrote:
Whats a reasonable request though lol

Sorry but I don't want to answer as to what my reason was. smile

As for others I don't know.

No No, thats fine. Wasnt going to ask smile

Well I will see how I get on. Thanks
Hi there

I am in OZ so not sure how the nz system works but my reasons for wanting an elective c section were...

Previous family history of bad labor's, even though it was my first bub, my ob was happy to go elective as the majority of my female relatives had awful long labor's that ended up being assisted deliveries anyway

Also we have a couple of blood disorders that run in the family, so was a bit safer to be in theatre in case anything happened.

My ob said that labour and birth is not going to go well if you are not mentally up to it, as I was stressing out about it so much...she said that if you are not confident in yourself, then it's unlikely to go well.

I hope this helps...oh and I went through shared care (which in oz is using the public system but with your own gp/ob)

Good luck : )
my_lil_monkey11 wrote:
Hi there

I am in OZ so not sure how the nz system works but my reasons for wanting an elective c section were...

Previous family history of bad labor's, even though it was my first bub, my ob was happy to go elective as the majority of my female relatives had awful long labor's that ended up being assisted deliveries anyway

Also we have a couple of blood disorders that run in the family, so was a bit safer to be in theatre in case anything happened.

My ob said that labour and birth is not going to go well if you are not mentally up to it, as I was stressing out about it so much...she said that if you are not confident in yourself, then it's unlikely to go well.

I hope this helps...oh and I went through shared care (which in oz is using the public system but with your own gp/ob)

Good luck : )

Thanks heaps smile my_lil_monkey11
I had elective at Hamilton, just had to explain my reasons, and have a supporting midwife smile Goodluck
Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
How did you get on with requesting an elective c/s?

They said no BUT at my 36 week OB appointment they discovered that my little dude is still breech so have booked me in for an elective c section on the 17th so will be 38 weeks at time of birth.

IF he decides to turn then they will induce me instead of giving me a c section. I personally want him to stay where he is, for the simple fact hes been there for months on end, i like where he is and it makes me feel closer to him, knowing exactly where his gorgeous head is.

Sorry for late reply smile
Sign in to follow this topic