1. Can you have nail polish on fingernails and toenails in a cesarean?
I had nail polish on my toes. They didn't ask me to remove it or remove it for me.
2. Did you shave yourself, or just trim and nurse or midwife would shave you?
I shaved myself the day before, got as much out of the way as I could...couldn't think of anything worse than someone else doing it (for me, personally)! I must have done alright, they didn't do anything more.
3. Were you able to take care of your baby the first night? or baby stayed at nursery, providing that you had any early morning cesarean.
I was the first C/S of the day with bub born at 0838...they actually offered to take him into the nursery for me that night so I could get a bit of rest. They just brought him in when it was time for a feed.
4. How long did it take from starting to ending your cesarean?
As I said, I was first of the day. Got to the hospital at 6am. By 7.30am I had my pretty gown and stockings on and they wheeled me down. Approx 7.50 I was in theatre.They then ran through everything, put in IV, epidural, catheter etc...I remember laying down and checking the clock, it was about 8.20...M was born 8.38.
5. How to relieve your fears on the day of the cesarean? Any tips
I am surprised I wasn't more nervous or scared actually. I guess not knowing what to expect I had nothing to fear, if that makes any sense. Plus, everyone I met from the nurse in my room to the theatre staff were so nice and friendly, I think that helped keep my calm. They obviously do this day in/day out and know how nervous us mums can get!
My biggest fear going in was the epidural as I broke my back 8 years ago...for some reason I thought that would have an impact but it didn't! I really didn't feel the local in my back that much, it literally was a tiny scratch. After that, I didn't feel a thing, at all, until a few hours afterwards when the pain set in...not much you can do about that though.
Just try to relax, if you can. Everything will be fine!