Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Chosen Caesarean Lock Rss

unique1 wrote:
OC1246 wrote:
I am so pleased you have a referral for any issues that you may have. You obviously recognise there are some there and this is an absolute brilliant start. It will be great if you find someone you click with as you may need ongoing psychological support throughout the pregnancy as it may drag up some issues for you.

With the pap smears, I HATE it when they bully people into them. I went to a GP (not my normal one) and she called me in (I thought to speak about a test I had) but it was actually because I turned out to be pregnant. I refused a pap smear and first she demanded an explanation why and then she said really nicely "no problem, your body, your choice." I felt really supported when she said that, but then she went on to say "but what are you going to do once you have the baby and then find out you have cancer?" this part was said in a very patronising tone...
For some weird reason, she couldn't grasp that I don't have things stuck up my clacker unnecessarily when pregnant, especially when the last pregnancy was a miscarriage. grrrrr Anyway, you are well within your rights to refuse one - or anything else. You could also consider having them further apart.
With the pregnancy and birth as well, you should also understand that you can refuse things if you want to.

Huggies is a great community. Lots of different opinions and lots of amazing women. Hope you stick around. :)xxx wow how horrible was that dr to you I was due for mine when I fell pregnant with my girl I told the dr I wont have mine done until I have bub she said that is totally fine even though they dont cause MC I dont want any woman thinking it could of been an issue if she was to have unfortunitly did
hi, yeah she did turn out to be pretty horrible unfortunately. sad I thought she would be ok because she is the wife of my fav dr who has been my gp for years. Obviously he is the nice gentle supportive one and she errrrr....isn't.
Jess_7 wrote:
hi oc. thanks for your support. it can be really hard to say no sometimes. Its so good you did though. good on you putting your foot down
thanks. my stomach is usually in knots when I say no to something, but I am usually passionate about it enough to follow through. doesn't stop me feeling like I did when I was a kid though...
OC1246 wrote:
I am so pleased you have a referral for any issues that you may have. You obviously recognise there are some there and this is an absolute brilliant start. It will be great if you find someone you click with as you may need ongoing psychological support throughout the pregnancy as it may drag up some issues for you.

With the pap smears, I HATE it when they bully people into them. I went to a GP (not my normal one) and she called me in (I thought to speak about a test I had) but it was actually because I turned out to be pregnant. I refused a pap smear and first she demanded an explanation why and then she said really nicely "no problem, your body, your choice." I felt really supported when she said that, but then she went on to say "but what are you going to do once you have the baby and then find out you have cancer?" this part was said in a very patronising tone...
For some weird reason, she couldn't grasp that I don't have things stuck up my clacker unnecessarily when pregnant, especially when the last pregnancy was a miscarriage. grrrrr Anyway, you are well within your rights to refuse one - or anything else. You could also consider having them further apart.
With the pregnancy and birth as well, you should also understand that you can refuse things if you want to.

Huggies is a great community. Lots of different opinions and lots of amazing women. Hope you stick around. :)xxx

Wow. I've been due or overdue for papsmears with each of my pregnancies and each time they have just said it was something to get done after the baby was born. It has never been recommended to me to have one done whilst being pregnant and I just assummed it was the norm to wait.

in some countries they only test every 3-5 years. every gp is different though and some get on their high horse and like to ride it all the way to town! that is why I am so adamant that people don't take what their drs say as gospel.
I am pretty sure its every 2 years once you are over 18.
There may be a possibility of have a cs in a public hospital, however to do this you would need to express strong anxiety over natural birth. They won't do a cs for "no reason" but most hospitals should recognise "mental health/wellbeing" of the mother as a reason. It would probably take some convincing and you'll no doubt have your fair share of midwives tut tutting at you for making this decision, however if you stick to your guns you may just get your wish.

I am supportive of your choice to go down this path, but do make sure you look into genuine vs perceived risks of both birthing options. You will probably be counselled on these risks anyway when you bring up the topic at an antenatal appointment, so go armed with questions and an open mind

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Sign in to follow this topic