Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. 4th Caesarean and Hospital Bag advice :)

4th Caesarean and Hospital Bag advice :) Lock Rss

Morning smile

Well I'll be having my 4th caesarean ( and my last ) in December and would like some help with deciding what to pack in my hospital bag for bub and I.
For my previous caesareans I just got dh to bring stuff in as I needed it and to take home washing to wash etc. But this time he will have our 3 eldest dd's to look after plus ds who will be close to 3. As it will be ds's first time away from me I don't want to rely on dh to bring me stuff as he will be so busy with ds and the girls.
I will be in a minimum of 3 nights. The hospital I go to is a public hospital and doesn't provide anything for baby, not even blankets.
So for me I have about
5 new button front nighties for breastfeeding
a new dressing gown
comfortable day clothes in case I expect visitors
plus I'll have all the sanitary products etc etc but will sort that closer to the time.
But now for Baby
all in one suits
bodysuits
wraps
blankets
beanies and mittens
nappys etc etc

Now how many of each do you think I need and Please ideas of what I've missed atm and do need?

Thanks In Advance smile xx

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

Ilovemylittlebugs Thanks for your reply smile Yeah they provide the towels and facewashers but last time I was there I took my own towel and facewasher for bub.
Yeah I was surprised as the hospital where I had my girls was public and they provided everything even the nappys and sent you home with a pack of Huggies newborn nappy's smile

And Yeah the Camera is a MUST smile xx

Slippers and thongs (in case you are sharing a bathroom/shower)

Thank you LilGem Yes I will be in a shared room so I will definately put thongs in for the shower and slippers too smile

Thank you Mumof3Cuties. In Tassie it's still usually cool unless summer will be hot this year, highly doubt it though lol
Hospitals are usually quite cool anyway so I will definately pack socks ,booties especially as my babes when learning to breastfeed usually only have minimal clothing on as they respond well to having the skin to skin contact.

Little Misses Thank you hun smile My ds had a habit of weeing each time I changed him so if his baby brother is anything like him I will definately need the extra suits lol
Thank you for your suggestions smile xx

Sign in to follow this topic