Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. C-Sections - what you wish you knew before yours?

C-Sections - what you wish you knew before yours? Lock Rss

I wish I had known before my c section..

I wish I had known that where the surgeons cut will never have feeling in it again. I had expected numbness in the area after c sec but I actually had thought that after the 8 weeks recovery I would have feeling back there again.4 months on and it's still numb, and other c sec mums tell me you never get the feeling back.
Also try and move about as much as possible,it really does help with recovery,and take it easy when it comes to lifting. Even if you feel physicaly able to,it's best to only lift 5kg and under for the first month at least smile
I have had 2 c sections 21/2 year old and a almost 12 week old, both of them weren't planned I agree get up as soon as you can but make sure you don't over do it and make sure you hold a pillow up to your wound when you cough sneeze etc, I only have painkillers for 1day with my 1st but my 2nd was so much different longer time with painkillers ended up with a small infection as I had a drain. you just have to listen to your body and don't be scared to ask if you need help.
comfy under wear is good so is comfy clothes that are not to tight
The scar fades over time and is below the panty line
hayleyeggers wrote:
I wish I had known that where the surgeons cut will never have feeling in it again. I had expected numbness in the area after c sec but I actually had thought that after the 8 weeks recovery I would have feeling back there again.4 months on and it's still numb, and other c sec mums tell me you never get the feeling back

This^^ didn't happen to me I have full feeling on and around the site of my scar. Just wanted point out that its not always the case smile
Hi, ask for pain killers. No one told me I had to ask. Thought they were bringing me them when I was allowed them so was only getting the minimum amount. Once my pain was being managed I was up and about. gasp)
Asheleyhennebry wrote:
Hi, ask for pain killers. No one told me I had to ask. Thought they were bringing me them when I was allowed them so was only getting the minimum amount. Once my pain was being managed I was up and about. gasp)

Really??? That's bad!

They were constantly forcing (well not really forcing) them on me after both of mine!

Sign in to follow this topic