Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Scared ! Has anyone freaked out being awake ?

Scared ! Has anyone freaked out being awake ? Lock Rss

Really concerned about the prospect of being awake for a c-section ! Really grossing me out the thought ! Anyone have any words of wisdom ?
Just don't think about it too much. I freaked out with both my C-sections I think it's normal but I wasn't worried about being awake just the whole thing. You will get to meet your baby so you lay there for a short time maybe 5 min then all of a sudden you have a little baby to hold and your not worried about the surgery at all.

Good luck with it I know how scary it can be but honestly it's not as bad as we make it up in our mind to be

Forever, for always and no matter what

Shrimpy1981 wrote:
Really concerned about the prospect of being awake for a c-section ! Really grossing me out the thought ! Anyone have any words of wisdom ?

Totally understandable! I had a little freak out just before mine and it is a little daunting when you really think about whats going to happen and you'll be awake for it! But you will be fine. The staff are well and truly prepared for you to freak out and will distract you beautifully. And if it does become too much for you, you can indeed be out under a general at any time and sleep through the whole thing. Like the others have said though, there is absolutely no pain, you can't see anything and you will feel sensations but nothing painful. And yes once bub is out, your mind will be so far from what's happening behind the curtain it's not funny smile
See I saw my c section as a relief after 28hrs of labour with a stuck baby and failed ventouse. It wasn't bad at all the surgeons were casually talking about some tv show and I lovedthe warm air blanket tongue
Thank you all for the imput ! I needed the pep talk smile
Find out Friday if I have to smile if I do will be the 14 dec or so smile
Sign in to follow this topic