Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. At what week gestation were your elective caesareans booked?

At what week gestation were your elective caesareans booked? Lock Rss

Morning Just wondering at what week your elective caesareans were booked for?
My 1st for dd1 was at 36 weeks 4 days, baby was small, placenta not functioning well.
My 2nd for twin dd's was at 37 weeks.
My 3rd for ds1 was at 38 weeks.

I have my 4th caesarean booked for ds2 for the 6th January where I'll be 39 weeks 2 days. Feeling pretty worried of going into labour before my caesarean as I've been told my risk of uterine rupture is Very High and that poses Very high risks for both myself and my baby.

I would love if any of you were able to share your arrival dates and if any of you did go into labour before your booked caesarean How everything went.

Thank you in Advance smile

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

Alien Squid wrote:
Just read your other post too & I hope they do something to get you in earlier. I mean seriously, do they want you to become an emergency case? Crazy.

I was booked in at exactly 38 weeks. Never went into labour.

Wishing you the very best hun. xxx

Thanks hun for your reply, I just feel it is an unnecessary risk and they said they won't book it earlier as they are pretty well all booked. Feeling Worried like I live over an hour from the hospital so if something goes wrong everything gets a lot more difficult.

Thank you Tickled Pink for sharing and Also to Mum of 3 Cuties.

I had dd1 as an 'elective' csection at 37+5w which was booked at 37w when they found she was breech after having been admitted for preeclampsia. I didn't labour at all with her.

I read your other post, is there anyway you can request another scan based on the last one not being done properly? Do you shave a gp who knows your history where they may be able to give you a referral?
My DD1 was breech from the get-go and had my elective c-section at 39+1. I didn't go into labour at all with her.

Good luck with getting the best possible outcome for your situation!!! Not long till you'll be holding your mini-babes!! smile
Annie81 wrote:
I had dd1 as an 'elective' csection at 37+5w which was booked at 37w when they found she was breech after having been admitted for preeclampsia. I didn't labour at all with her.

I read your other post, is there anyway you can request another scan based on the last one not being done properly? Do you shave a gp who knows your history where they may be able to give you a referral?

I just responded to your other post also. I didn't have a c section buy my SIL had an elective at 38 weeks. I think Annies idea is a good one if you have a gp you are close. Tell him how much its stressing you out also as Mums mental health is also very important. He might be able tp get you bumped up the list of importance.

Thank You Ladies for your Reply's smile It really means a lot smile xxx
Like I know the best thing for baby is to grow for as long as possible in my tummy but it's a worry.
Trying to stay positive that with being extremely careful all will be OK. If they hadn't stressed how high a risk I am for uterine rupture I wouldn't be as worried. I might give the midwives a call and have a chat and let them know my concerns. The midwife I saw before my doctors appointment talked to dh yesterday after the appointment and was Very Very Shocked they were leaving it till 39 weeks 2 days to do the caesarean.

Sign in to follow this topic