Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Elective C Section Lock Rss

I think it's worth doing a lot more investigation before making the decision. 'Your bits' are amazing things that have the ability to stretch in amazing ways. I have had two babies naturally, and can honestly say my bits are unchanged.

Electing to have a cs is ultimately your decision, but it is major surgery with all the risks associated with that. You can't drive for up to six weeks, will left with a scar and of course pain and the risk of nerve damage. You also need to bare in mind that a lot of the perceived damage that can occur actually happens in the last trimester and last few weeks of pregnancy, not during birth.

But that's probably not what you want to hear, I would suggest doing some research, and working out what you are truly afraid of in giving birth naturally.

It's your body and your choice, but I would hate to think people would out themselves through surgery unless it was really necessary.

Unless you pay to go private I dont think you cant have an elective C section in NZ with first pregnancy

You will need to check the definition of 'elective' as often this simply means not by emergency. So you may medically require a c-section, but it's still classes as elective. I have no idea why they call it elective when it usually isn't a choice

I had an emergency c section with my first and it is truly something I want to avoid with my second. I know that some "natural" deliveries can be very traumatic and leave you with pretty nasty tears and things to recover from, but a c section was probably the most difficult thing my body has had to cope with.

It certainly is hell trying to get your baby down gently into their bassinet, lower yourself into the bed, get back up slowly, hobble over and try lift them gently when they cry again. It was painful to cuddle and nurse my baby. I found even opening jars for a couple weeks was hard, because you actually use your core muscles for that. The pain meds made me vomit, made my skin itch, made me feel like I was walking through fuzz. My husband had to take time off work to help look after me and the baby, as I couldn't cope on my own. I couldn't walk to the dairy for milk, and I couldn't drive. My scar site was tender to the touch for a year afterwards. I had dissolvable stitches.

During pregnancy your body changes so much that honestly, your "bits" are probably the last thing you give a flying f$$$ about by the end of 9 months! Doing kegel exercises daily might mean you come out of it with new and improved "bits"

Having said that, if you decide elective c section is what you want to do then it's your choice and you should find an LMC that supports your decision and doesn't poo poo you for knowing what you want.

Best of luck with your pregnancy
are you serious?

I don't think you are ready to have a baby. you should be more interested about the process of pregnancy and labour and about your baby than what your "bits' will look like. honestly the last thing on my mind was what will my vagina look like after wards. you know they were made perfectly for that specific reason.

this is very narcissistic.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

well then it makes no sense. if you have gone though so much to conceive why are you worried about what your bits will look like? shouldn't the joy of being pregnant over ride your concern about your vagina?

anyway good luck smile

yep she has heavily edited her post but if you read jas's post she quoted one line which referred to her bits not wanting to change.

SunMoonStars wrote:
are you serious?

I don't think you are ready to have a baby. you should be more interested about the process of pregnancy and labour and about your baby than what your "bits' will look like. honestly the last thing on my mind was what will my vagina look like after wards. you know they were made perfectly for that specific reason.

this is very narcissistic.

^^ think I'd have to agree here. If you've gone through so much to get pregnant then wouldn't you be more concerned having the lowest risk birth? A c/s is major surgery. It presents risks to both mother and baby.
I haven't had a c-section, but I never would. It's major surgery. Why put yourself at risks when your baby needs you most? If you're anxious about the process, maybe look into a calmbirthing course, hypnobirthing and a doula to get you into the right headspace. Then if this doesen't help, opt for the elective. No harm done. I've had three, and it's not my whoo-ha that copped it, it's the haemerroids (from carrying), and stretch marks, (also from carrying). So to add a cx-section scar to that, or 3 if I had had 3, I wouldn't want to think about it. Good luck with your pregnancy, and I hope you get the experience you desire.
Sign in to follow this topic