Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

So Friday is the day... Lock Rss

I am due tomorrow and after seeing my doctor yesterday I have been booked in for a cesarean on Friday morning.

I'm curious about one thing though...I'm pretty sure that DH won't be able to cut the cord as it's a c-section and there's the whole thing about it being a sterile area so he won't be allowed to do this. Am I right or wrong about this? What happened during yours?

I'll being going to St John of God Murdoch.

TIA

Jas. wrote:
Can't help you with the c-section, but just wanted to wish you luck with your birth! grin


Thanks Jas! Not long for you now either smile

Little Miss' wrote:
My DP cut the cord but its more trimming the cord as they do cut it when they get them out. So once out they are them over to the table to check them over and then your DH can cut the cord.


Thanks Little Miss'. Nice to hear that he may be able to do that at least.

Thanks ladies.

Mixed emotions right now...nervous, excited, anxious and what not but can't wait to meet the little man.

Hi Mel A, I had a c/section for my dd and my dp cut the cord. She was born and they showed her to me, then they clamped her cord and gave dp the scissors and he cut it there and then before she was even wrapped up! She let out an almighty howl when she came out though so there was no issues with her lungs or breathing so maybe that's why he could do it straight away before she was checked over..?

Good luck for your birth, hope it is amazing smile
Little Miss' wrote:
*misskel* wrote:
Hi Mel A, I had a c/section for my dd and my dp cut the cord. She was born and they showed her to me, then they clamped her cord and gave dp the scissors and he cut it there and then before she was even wrapped up! She let out an almighty howl when she came out though so there was no issues with her lungs or breathing so maybe that's why he could do it straight away before she was checked over..?

Good luck for your birth, hope it is amazing smile

They're all so different hey. It really depends on your hospital and there procedures. smile


Yep, that's exactly right smile
Well it seems that maybe it depends on the doctor and the hospital so I'll be sure to ask.

DH's dad (he's an aggravating PITA) deemed it appropriate this morning to tell DH on a Skype call that I was taking the easy way out with having a cesarean. Now he doesn't have any understanding of the reasons behind our decision but nor does he know how tough the decision was as I had my heart set on a natural delivery so as you can imagine his stupid comment really upset me and had me in tears and has bothered me all day. I'm trying to put it out of my mind but it was hurtful and has me questioning my choice. I don't know why some people are so damned insensitive! Grrrrr!

Jas. wrote:
~Mel A~ wrote:
Thanks Jas! Not long for you now either smile
Yep just counting down the days tongue Have you picked out his name yet??


We have a longish short list. You'd think 9 months would be enough time to pick one but it's just so hard. Will try to narrow it down tonight/tomorrow but will probably wait to see and meet him before we make a final decision.

~Mel A~ wrote:
Well it seems that maybe it depends on the doctor and the hospital so I'll be sure to ask.

DH's dad (he's an aggravating PITA) deemed it appropriate this morning to tell DH on a Skype call that I was taking the easy way out with having a cesarean. Now he doesn't have any understanding of the reasons behind our decision but nor does he know how tough the decision was as I had my heart set on a natural delivery so as you can imagine his stupid comment really upset me and had me in tears and has bothered me all day. I'm trying to put it out of my mind but it was hurtful and has me questioning my choice. I don't know why some people are so damned insensitive! Grrrrr!


OMG!!! What a loser!! How many times has he given birth to form that uneducated opinion?!?!? Don't worry about him Hun, he is an idiot for saying that and has NO idea what he's talking about. This is your birth, not his and your doing what's best for bub. Gosh, that's made me mad and it's not even happening to me! angry
*misskel* wrote:

OMG!!! What a loser!! How many times has he given birth to form that uneducated opinion?!?!? Don't worry about him Hun, he is an idiot for saying that and has NO idea what he's talking about. This is your birth, not his and your doing what's best for bub. Gosh, that's made me mad and it's not even happening to me! angry


I know right! I think I actually spat chips! I had to leave the room otherwise I was going to tell him what I really thought!

I can't believe your FIL said that, that's atrocious! He should be told to pull his head in. So sorry he said such a dreadful thing. There is no easy way when it comes to pregnancy and birth! All the best for Friday - wishing you a wonderful experience meeting your beautiful baby!
Hope and Hysteria wrote:
So will your FIL will be on hand after the birth to help around the house during your recovery from the "easy" birth ? wink
I wish you all the best for tomorrow. Let all those worries and negative comments drain out and keep the strong and happy thoughts and know that you are doing what is right for your baby and you. The hospital staff will take care of you and know how to ease your nerves in theatre and it will be amazingly quick. Not long now, how exciting!


Haha! Good point. I'll be sure to mention that to him as DH works away on the mines and will likely go back to work before I'm fully recovered so I'm gonna need all the help I can get. FIL is a smart ass! Always has been and I know it but boy does he know how to push people's buttons with a single comment and he knows exactly what he's doing when he does it. It causes many an argument between him and DH.

Sign in to follow this topic