Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

Mummachoochoo84

Elective C-section @ 39 weeks! Lock

Today i went to my antenatal appointment and she booked me in for 39 weeks! is this normal? She t...

14 replies

The hospital i had my children at do the elective c-sections at 38 weeks and they only operate fridays. I had c-sections with both o...

MumtoAsya

Caesar for 1st have to have it for the next Lock

Hi my daughter was born by emergency caesar i was told in recovery i must a a ceasar for the next...

3 replies

My first too was an emergency but my second was elective. I had an epidural first time, spinal block second. Personally i prefered t...

amy83d

Aghhhhh still don't know what to do Lock

I have a doctors appointment in an hour and a half to discuss which I am going with VBAC or elect...

10 replies

Hi Mary, Just was reading ur comment and sounds like ur in the same position as me. I am having a baby due 23rd August, had 1st via...

Uj

Cesarean Hysterectomy Lock

Hi all, trying to plan for a 3rd & Normally this wouldn't be such a hard decision to make, but wh...

2 replies

how old are you can i ask? im 23 i had a partial hysto. so i still have my ovaries etc just no uterus. because of that i havnt had...

geejo2

2nd birth Lock

Good morning everyone. I have had a few different opinions from supposedly 'professional people' ...

8 replies

I had a cs for my DS as he was breech I had a VBAC for my DD - it was great as i didnt have the cs recovery problems with a toddler...

RelliMc

Exercise after c-section Lock

I had a c-section 14wks ago and was just wondering if it is safe for me to start exercise. My hus...

2 replies

Hello, I had a c-section 8 weeks ago and at my check up last week my ob said im all fine to start exercising again..but maybe just...

MumtoAsya

after caesarean problems Lock

Hi, I had my daughter 11 and a half weeks ago by an emergency c-section, however i still have n...

12 replies

Hi, DD#2 is now 8mths and I'm numb from half way between my belly button and the scar. I also had complications with my recovery du...

Mia2000

Elective C Section Next Week - baby is breech but can baby turn???? Lock

Hello All, I'm currently 38 +4 days pregnant and I've been scheduled to have an elective c secti...

11 replies

My first was breech, found out at 36wks, went back at 37wks he hadnt turned, so at 38wks they tried to turn him, he wasnt interested...

Lalas2Dudes

afternoon c-section booked in Lock

my c-section is booked for 3pm (its in about 3 weeks time), and i have been told i can have a lig...

5 replies

Congrat's on your baby - and good luck with the c-section. I'm 21 weeks today. I was finding early on in this pregnancy that my wee...

Nelum

What to take? Lock

Hi, I've got my C-sec planned for the 30th of July, so about a month away. Have been thinking ab...

7 replies

gee i need write a list then didnt know i need to pack so much, BUBBA WILL BE SUMMER BUBBA SO WHAT SHALL I PACK FOR HIM OR HER TO ...

mommabee

Just a question Lock

Just a quick question for all. How long after having a c section do we need to wait before resum...

4 replies

Depends on how active you want to be. We were right out of hospital but very gentle. There are some benefits of c sections!

reneeJ9

Caesar and tube tying Lock

Just found out Im preggers again, and have decided to have another caesar (my 1st born was emerge...

7 replies

A friend of mine got the clamp done and said she got it free cos they were "already down there".. Is this also true? I want to get ...

mummieluvsu

I think peoples attitudes are changing Lock

deleted... people seem a bit sensitive sorry didnt mean to come across in the way you have taken it.

51 replies

i disagree with this. it is all about choices and if someone chooses a natural over a c-section and vice versa, just because, well...

mummieluvsu

ADVICE for those having a c-section! Lock

thought i would start a advice section for peole that are having a c-section. whats the best pie...

11 replies

Agreed with the stitches instead of staples. I had staples and they removed them on day 4 and my wound busted open while they were c...

RelliMc

Mobile Phones in Theatre??? Lock

My husband may not be able to be with me for my c-section next week. Does anyone know if they wou...

8 replies

Hey - I'm a theatre nurse, so can tell you definately that there are signs EVERYwhere telling you NOT to have a mobile phone. Having...

Caitiemkayz

Soft spot help Lock

Hey everyone When my mother had me i didnt have a big enough soft spot for my head to mold so she...

2 replies

I am not sure but to let you know that I recently had DD3. She has such a small soft spot that she may need to have surgery soon (...

Amy+2pixies

question for all csection mummies Lock

ok so i am 4wks post birth. bleeding started to stop about 2weeks ago. i can go up to 2 days with...

21 replies

yes under it has full feeling, but above it is numb, like for about 2cm maybe 3cm its numb, its rather odd

heather22

Hospital hell please Help me!!!! Lock

Hi, In January 2005 i had an Emergency cesarean due to carelessness of the midwives. I was told ...

8 replies

post traumatic stress isnt something that just happens to soldiers at war, it is very real and very serious. If i were you, i would ...

joy21

Blood in stool after c-sect Lock

I had a c-sect 7 weeks ago and my bowel has been slow moving since. However i now have bright re...

2 replies

I've had 2 c-sections and am having a third in a couple of weeks. I know it can take a while to get bowel movements afterwards (my ...

sueelle

c-section Lock

Hi, Just wanting to hear womens stories about placenta preveria, c sections im currently 34 weeks...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Mummachoochoo84

Did you bring anything extra in your hospital bag in prep for a c-sec? Lock

I pretty much all packed with the essentials, but wondering if there is anything else anyone thou...

2 replies

I cant highly recommend enough satin boxer shorts as they will help you slide across the bed. Your tummy muscles wont know themselve...

Fairy_Power13

Checking if a C-section is needed Lock

Hi, I had an emergency c-section with my first. This is was because i wasn't dilating and she w...

2 replies

i had a natural birth last time, however due to complications and failure to progress, DS getting stuck, we ended up with forceps re...

Mellycolly

Caesareans Lock

Hi Guys Im just curious, how long does it take to recover from a caesarean? Like how long until ...

12 replies

i think really depends hw you feel, i drive again 3week after, and abot one and hlaf month back to work.

BlairBum

Heart shaped uterus Lock

after having a c-section for my first baby I was told by the Ob that I have a heart shaped uterus...

4 replies

I too have an heart shape uterus.My first baby was breech so had an elective c-section at 40 weeks.Second was normal vaginal deliver...

mummieluvsu

emergency vs elective?? Lock

I had been booked in for a C-section 2 weeks before due date. but DS came over 5 weeks early so h...

12 replies

thanks heaps for the info ladies!

Brookebailey93

someone please give me a fair idea if they no about c section and also the number of people... Lock

if your doctor is going to book you in for a c section how earlier from the due date does he do i...

5 replies

thanks everyone it has been great advice and has really helped hope everyone is well xo

Snitzi

Planned C-Sect but go into labour first Lock

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has experienced this. Now that they do elective caesers at 39...

9 replies

my son came 5 weeks early. i was booked for c-section 39 weeks. i was in labour for 9hours -+ ? i got to 8cm and i had to wait for ...

Elective booked for 10.30am. When will I be allowed to walk? Lock

Hi Mums I have booked for an elective c-section for 10.30am in about a week (my first bub was de...

9 replies

That's great - thanks for sharing your positive experience in a public hospital. I am prepared for the fact that there could be a d...

I wish C-sections were more accepted in society :( Lock

Im proud to be a c-section mum. I really wish that very soon, this procedure will be more accepted.

13 replies

I got very annoyed when a friend of mine justified her reason for having a c-sect that her nikkee noo nah will "always be intact so...

Jemp

Breastfeeding ater c-section Lock

I am 38 this year and considering another baby. I have an 18mth old DD who was born natural birth...

10 replies

Thanks heaps to all of you who replied to my questions, much appreciated!!

For those that had an Emergency C/S Lock

I was just in another forum and was reading though some stuff on peoples C/S and what they though...

22 replies

I was induced, laboured for about 13.5hours before it was decided i needed a c section. i had an epi at 8cm and i only got to 9cm. w...

mother duck 87

Will i need another caesarean????im scared Lock

hi im just wanting some advice, i had to have an emergency caesarean with my son at 27wks. he is...

6 replies

thankyou so much everyone you have all been sooo helpful. i am more confident now about having a second child. thankx again

vicki82

Wanted positve/negative 2nd caesarean stories Lock

Hi everyone, I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child. I had an emergency c-section with my DD 1...

4 replies

Hi, I have had 2 c/s and am pregnant and about to have my 3rd. My first was an emergency c/s and after 12 hours of labour and the h...

willsma

VBAC stories Lock

hi just wondering if anyone would like to share there VBAC story with me, as iam trying to decide...

1 reply

hi just wondering if anyone would like to share there VBAC story with me, as iam trying to decide what is best for me and bub and w...

Wendy29

4th C-Section and Worried Lock

hello all just wanted to post a thread as i am nervous,scared and worried about a fourth c-sectio...

4 replies

hi, I had my 4th c-section nearly 3 yrs ago I had the same feelings and was scared, but as with any c-section there are risks, my ...

Lalas2Dudes

announcing an elective c-section Lock

just wondering - those of you that had an elective c-section for any of your births, did you anno...

23 replies

i completley agree wth keeping the date to yourself, i think you need to keep some surprise for everyone else i am having an electi...

Gab 2ds

Discussion on C-section births Lock

I just want to say thank you to huggies. I have just viewed a video discussion on the childbirth...

6 replies

I am sorry I have to disagree with your view of the clip. I find the clip super conservative and not reflective of many women's fe...

Klompy22

booking caeser Lock

hi all, I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant and have been told bubs is breech, I have had all the check ups ...

8 replies

yeah i just want some sort of date, i go in tomorrow for another midwife appointment whish should be fun...the ones at the hospital ...

RelliMc

Going in for 3rd c-section tomorrow Lock

Going in for my 3rd c-section tomorrow:) Will have my little girl this time tomorrow. Will let yo...

2 replies

how exciting i bet your holding your little baby girl as i write this post talk when you get home congratulations!

emaria

Post OP stress? Lock

Hi there. I had an emergency caesar. Labour progressed normally, got to the pushing stage, pushed...

2 replies

This might be a good place to start <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Birthrites - Healing after C/S