Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

Number of c sections??? Lock

How many c sections are you aloud to have? i had my 1st baby by emergency c-section and i plan to...

10 replies

I've had 3 c-sections. 1st was emergency, then fell preggers 5mths later with identical twins and as the scar was still 'fresh' thei...

RelliMc

Cold/Flu before c-section Lock

For the last week I have been fighting of this bug. I've been quite breathless and cough up muck,...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Jellybabie

Birth is only a small part of having a bubba Lock

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share a thought that got me through a very traumatic birth (ending i...

29 replies

I was a cs baby as were my brothers and cousins. I grew up not realising there was any difference in how people viewed the actual ar...

Isabella CD

C section, anemia and blood loss. Lock

Hello to all sweet ladies. My C section is scheduled with in three weeks and I am scared to dea...

3 replies

I had a small bleed with my last c-section. I was kept on mophine for a little longer and had IV fluids for longer than my first c-...

pebbles11

2 Caesars, pregnant with no.3 how goes a natural birth Lock

Hi Ladies just would like to know if this is allowed these days i have had two caesars 1st was b...

5 replies

Thanks heaps girls it's so daunting thinking of caesars just the recovery. But what's meant to be is meant to be as long as bub is s...

Jenim80

2nd C/S cut over the same scar? Lock

Hi Everyone, Just wondering, for your second etc C section do they cut over the same scar from y...

7 replies

My first was done with staples. The second caesarian was cut over the same scar. When he got in there it was a bit messy, so he had ...

mummyofcharlizeandellega

asking for a c-section cos of medical reasons Lock

Just a question.... I'm 36 weeks, having a few issues with this pregnancy, I have gestational di...

6 replies

Hi My first birth was very traumatic and long and i was left with many problems one of which i had to have surgery to repair 12 mon...

Risks of VBAC Lock

7 replies

i seriously dont understand why you all care so much. do whatever the hell you want to do. why do you care what others want to do. ...

Risks of VBAC Lock

I always seem to be alone on my opinion on VBAC's. I had my 1st child by Emergency C-section and ...

47 replies

Hi ladies, This thread has gone a little off track so it has been locked. Please keep in mind that our birthing choices are ver...

melissa090

caesarean birth Lock

hello all. Im currently 32 wks pregnant, and looking to have an elective c-section. Ive chosen t...

3 replies

hello all.im currently only 8weeks pregnant and i had a c-section for my first and i have been told that i will have to have a c-se...

mummy to 3 boys

pain relief post c-section Lock

I was speaking to my ob dr yesterday about my c-section and asked him about pain relief after the...

14 replies

I had an emergency c-section, as my son started to stress about the 26th hour of labour, where I had only dialated 2cm. By that tim...

Mama2boys

When did you milk come in? Lock

After your caesarean? I really really want to breastfeed this time, but I'm worried that having a...

24 replies

with my DD1 i think it was day 3 or maybe even 4 and with DD2 it was day 2, but less than 48 hours. Both were C/S. i think the diffe...

stitch

Crying Babies Lock

Does anyone else have a baby that is not interested in being left by them selves? My three month...

2 replies

Your baby has spent the past nine-ish months being with you 24/7 is it any wonder she wants you nearby now? Have you considered a s...

young_bub

csect info Lock

Hi all, I had my first baby almost a year ago and after 19 long hours of labour he was delivered...

7 replies

i know exactly how you are feeling, i am in the same boat too. i had a difficult birth with DS, it started out fine, but with failur...

Morbid

Natural AFTER C- Section Lock

Hello I had an emergency c-section after being in labour for 12 hours and only being 1/2 cm diala...

13 replies

Hi, i had my 1st baby by emergency csection as he wouldnt have been able to come any further down the birth canal, he was 10 pounds ...

charlieroo

C-section due to Placenta Previa Lock

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had a c-section (planned or emergency) from the result of havin...

2 replies

I was told at my 20 week scan that I had placenta previa with DS2. I was advised at the time no lifting, strenuous exercise or runni...

overtiredmummy

booking in for 4th caesar...will they do a hysterectomy if i ask?? Lock

i am 27 and due to have my 4th lil baby early next year. i am having an elective c/s as i have h...

12 replies

My SIL has had 4 c-sections. She was only 28 when she had the last one. She opted to have her tubes tied, but told them that if ther...

Pain 3 weeks after c-section[size="3"][/size] Lock

Hey, If your worried or concerned go to the doctor but i would say its likely its getting infecte...

5 replies

Definitely go to see someone about it. With my first I had staples, but I was kept in longer so didn't have any problems with infect...

gab_1DS

What are the chances of a VBAC? Lock

Hi With DS1 I had an induced labour at 42 weeks which after 15 hours of contractions I had not ...

6 replies

with my 1st i went into labour on my due date was going good got to 8cm (whih is when they broke my water) and NOTHING! pushed for 6...

mum2*bray*cor*livi

C/Section due to transverse lie Lock

Hi Everyone, After two vaginal births, I found out today (36+3) that bub is lying transverse. I ...

6 replies

Hi Everyone, After two vaginal births, I found out today (36+3) that bub is lying transverse. I have NO IDEA what to expect in the...

Anam1

Spinal block vs epidural - advice pls? Lock

I am booked in for my c-section on Tuesday the 12th and now I am scared. My first birth was natu...

6 replies

i had a cesection 6yrs ago with my dd, i had a spinal and sutures, i am again having a repeat csection in may this year and want ...

Renee***

C-.sections - how close can you have them? Lock

Is it true that you should wait 2 years between c-sections? And what are the reasons for this? ...

12 replies

Is it true that you should wait 2 years between c-sections? And what are the reasons for this? I have had c-sections with both my...

Lucia74

c/section in public hospital (joondalup) Lock

Hi I must be very sad but please can someone help with more info. I have been seeing a private...

5 replies

Hi I must be very sad but please can someone help with more info. I have been seeing a private ob until my private medical care ...

mum.to.be.of.five

Nervous about C-Section Lock

hey I've already had 3 children all natural births, but are 20weeks pregnant with twins and for ...

6 replies

Congratulations on your twins! I am expecting my 3rd and it will be my 3rd c-section. I've never been worried about the numbing not ...

CountryMum1984

How did you prepare for an elective after an emergency??? Lock

Im booked in for my 3rd C-section in 3 weeks, but am really anxious! My first two were both emerg...

3 replies

Logans Mum- You will do fine. I've had an elective, then an emergency and now in 4 weeks another elective. I don't remember much abo...

mel-mia-lily

Planned C-Section & Tubes Tied Lock

I am 30 years old and have 1 DD who is 16 months and one on the way due in November and after hav...

12 replies

I'm 38yo and having my 3rd c-section on 7th April and having my tube tied at the same time. I was happy with just having two kids an...

amy83d

I don't know what to do Lock

Hi everyone, I had a c-section after an 18 hour long labour (failure to progress) 19 months ago. ...

1 reply

The OB that did your c-section should have the info on the tare. Ask them if they think it's ok to try for a VBAC. Good luck and I h...

Caszie87

10 weeks postpartum and pregnant? Lock

My boy is 10 weeks old and I had to have an emergency caesarean after 3 days worth of labour. I ...

3 replies

wow, that would be close together! So are you pregnant again or was it just a scare?

bindy_88

Anyone else have a failed induction? Lock

Hi all.. With DD (now 2) I had a failed induction.After a night of the gel and being on pitocin...

3 replies

Ummm yep that would be me... I went in at 37+ weeks for an induction due to blood pressue, protein and kidney issues... Anyway all...

twinklestars2

caesarean Lock

hi, does anyone know if you can choose to have a c/s without medical reason.thanks

2 replies

thankyou so much for your reply i be seeing my doctor so be asking he is a understanding doctor so fingers crossed! congratulations...

TKFB35

little bit scared bout no.2 C-section Lock

Hi I having my second C in 5.3 weeks and just worried bout how i'll cope with nearly 3yr old and...

6 replies

I'm in exactly the same boat & starting to freak out a little too!? My DS is 3 on the 12 April & my repeat c-section is on the 16 Ap...

snow~white

Bath after C section? Lock

I had a C section 5 weeks ago, and i was just wondering if anyone knows when it's ok to have a ba...

5 replies

i was told to have a bath if i could with salt in the water which helped the scar heal.....it was hard getting in and out but helped

mummy23preciouskiddies

Possible c section. Lock

Hi all, I am 35 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and have been told she is breech and possibly wi...

2 replies

My DS was an elective c/s as he was breech too. he got stuck in that position from 28 weeks and i dont think he had room to move. ...

Curly*

Numb cs scar Lock

How many of you that have had a cs have got a numb feeling round the scar?? I cant stand mine be...

11 replies

I still have the half numbness feeling up to my belly button. My CS was nearly 21 months ago. I agree, it is the weirdest feeling! J...

Kaylez*

Flying after a C-sec?? How long? Lock

Wondering how soon after having a c-sec i can fly?? Its my second c-sec, they say recovery is fa...

1 reply

Hi With my first c-section 19mths ago I flew at 4weeks after. It was only domestic from Chch to Wgtn in NZ. I am scheduled for ano...

The_Sage_Mother

Delayed Cord Clamping during Csection Lock

Hello Ladies, I'm not having a csection nor have I had one but I am always curious to hear about ...

3 replies

Not in the majority of ones I have seen...on telly anyway. LOL They always cut cord once baby is out, do checks and then hand baby...

Lalas2Dudes

feedback on c/sections vs natural please Lock

just hoping that those of you who have had one or more of each kind of birth could give me some f...

8 replies

Hey mate - as you know I'm a big advocate of a natural birth over a slice and dice anyday, but in your case I personally think a c/s...

sim100

Positive c-section ! Lock

HI All I just wanted to drop a line and let you all know how fantastic my elective c-section wen...

4 replies

Hi SP, Thanks for your story and advice. I'm having a c section elective in a few weeks and it was great to read your story. Congrat...

kev_tess

Finally made the date Lock

We finally are booked in for the c section at 31st March. We had a nice ob and he sorted out our ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
mummy to 3 boys

post caesarean Lock

I will be having my 1st c-section in 4 weeks after 3 natural births, i was just wondering how you...

19 replies

My SIL had 4 natural births and had to have a c-section with the last. She is an older mum and was fine afterwards. I asked her whic...