Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

3 boisterous boys

C-section stories/vbac in NZ Lock

I was just looking for anybody else in NZ that has had positive vbac or their birth stories wheth...

9 replies

Hi I live in Paeroa and I have had two vbac birth no probs. The 1st (3yrs3mths ago) had to have my waters broken but Cathrine arrive...

bubbaJ

c-section at public hospital - when? Lock

Does anyone know how early before your due date do public hospitals do c-sections. I had my firs...

9 replies

I've had all my kids in a public hospital. First one was an elective c-section due to a breech baby, he was done 6 days before the d...

Kez1811

how long should bleeding last for after c esction? Lock

that doesn't sound right at all

15 replies

if she is worried she should see a doctor or her midwife or something ........

prince_ochi

Plan for normal delivery after C-Section Lock

I had a c-section for my delivery due to total distress of my baby oversea but this time i will l...

6 replies

thanks RelliMc, I will speak further with Dr.

Im pregnant but I don't have any symptoms Lock

I found out a week ago that I am 5 weeks pregnant as I just had a feeling that someting was diffe...

2 replies

my first 2 had nothing but with this one i was sick from week 6 to week 13 was yukky couldnt do much at all so if you dont get any t...

savannah26

I want a c-section for my babys health reasons Lock

hI everyone I go to meet my obsitrition tomo regarding a possible c-section for my son in feb. ...

7 replies

i am public& i will be requesting a c/s only cause i have a special needs child who will need care when im in having baby so i need ...

Sarah&Co

2nd C-Section Lock

I had an emergency c-section with my DS which I had my head set against... I never for a moment t...

5 replies

Hi Logans Mum I had an emergency c-section with dd1 and decided to go repeat with dd2- luckily as my uterus ruptured the day I was ...

RelliMc

21 wks pregnant and getting lots of pain around c- Lock

I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing lots of pain around my c-section scar, right ar...

2 replies

ive had 1 c-section and i get the worse pain its so horrible at times it just brings me to my knees and i was told its just my scar ...

Quin1901

Having a sceduled C sect & tubes done will they put me under? Lock

I am having a scheduled c sect and my tubes tied. I have had a c sect b4 but i was put under anas...

4 replies

Hi, I had my 4t bub and c/s 4 weeks ago. I also had my tubes tied. They didn't put me under and it took an extra 1/2 hour on top ...

CK5

C-section Lock

With my DD I had vag birth, absolutely hated it. Had to have episiotomy, cord round babys neck (...

2 replies

Hi, must agree that every pregnancy is different. Don't set your expectations too high!!! Ask your Dr lots of questions, midwives an...

mxmum

C-sections and infertility Lock

Hi, I had an emergency c-section with my DS 18thms ago. It took us 18mths to concieve him due to...

8 replies

1 in 3 women infertile after c-section . [Edited on 15/12/2009]

xbiancax

Need help finding an ob that will allow me to have an elective c section at Joondalup hospital, i have HBF Lock

Hi Ladies, If there is anyone out there that could let me know of a private ob who will allow me...

2 replies

I'm booked in for a repeat C-section with Susan Isadale! She's fantastic & so lovely! Why do u want an elective c-section? Have u ha...

Cazalonia

When is a good time to get fitted for maternity bras? Lock

Hi everyone Just wondering if anyone had advice on when is a good time to get fitted for materni...

3 replies

As soon as your bras don't fit any-more you need to go get new ones! Every-body is different, so it will probably be a bit of hit a...

Expecting second child. To have elective c-section or VBAC? Lock

Hi all I went to my first Antenatal check-up today at the Mater Public Hospital. I was surprise...

24 replies

Yeah dr said they'll break my waters.. he also said the hospital in perth will usually only let you go 7 days over but because i'm d...

Spinn84

SPINAL BLOCK....PLS HELP Lock

OK I know its early but Im a little worried. With my DS after 10hr labour I had a C-section they ...

9 replies

I was numb from the chest down too! All i could feel were my head, neck & arms really?? I had no trouble breastfeeding on the 1st da...

C section question all answers appreciated Lock

I had an emergancy c-sec with my DS (now 22months) i stayed in hossy for 5 days, mainly because i...

10 replies

With my 3rd c/s i went home on day 3.My husband went back to work the next day.I had a 3 yr old and a 19 month old to look after as ...

Cohen  Bump 09.04.10

I am totally freaked out Now! C-section Lock

I just read your scary stories! About the worse pain you have been in. I am sooo scared that I w...

46 replies

I had an emergency c-sect and i doubt i will never have another child again due to fear of having to go through it again. The c-sect...

ibsy

placent in the road for c/s. Lock

hi.i had my mid term scan this week and my placenta has attatched and grown to the front wall of ...

3 replies

I had this. Still do I am having my 4th c/s tomorrow but mine moved .5 cm so I did not need to be cut down. I also had to give blo...

mummy to 3 boys

natural vs c-section Lock

ok from day 1 with this pregnancy i have wanted to have an elective c-section. I have had 3 natur...

5 replies

definately do what feels right for you. it is no one elses business and the end result is still the same. good luck...

jacquih84

caesarean or natural??? Lock

I was just hoping anyone could give me their thoughts on this...I am 2 weeks out from been due fo...

3 replies

Jacquih84 - I am in the totally same situation and have no idea what to do, I hear good and bad stories about both and I am so conf...

Charlottes mummy

booked in to have bub, c-section 27 Nov 08 Lock

Hey, Im booked in to have my second little baby girl by c-section on the 27 Nov 09.. Just wonde...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Heavenlei

VBAC? Lock

Good Morning Ladies, I have recently found out that I am pregnant, and wanted some information. ...

8 replies

My 1st baby was breech so I had to have a c/s, then at my 6 week checkup my obs asked if next time I wanted a vbac and I said yes so...

zaviersmum

Gap fee for Elective Cesear??? Lock

Hi all, I know this may sound naive, but i was just wondering if there is any cost after having ...

5 replies

Thanks all for your help, thats one thing off my mind now! Emily

ibsy

watching your own c-section? Lock

i have had 3 previous c/s and each time i have tried my hardest to see what was going on in the r...

4 replies

I was lucky with my first. It was an elective c-section and they had some students around that time, so they had installed a tv scre...

jaiduss

positive c-section Lock

hi all, just a little note to give a little positive thought to anyone that is uming and aring ov...

14 replies

I've had two c-sections and will be booked in early next year for my third. First one was because my son was breech and second was a...

Petra29

2 c-sections and want another baby. To have a 3rd c-section?? Lock

I have had 2 c-sections with my first two children but I am yearning to have another baby. The...

2 replies

Thank you. At the end of the day my body may not be able to give birth naturally anyway because I do have some issues with spine, p...

Caesarean and getting tubes tied Lock

i dont know if you would be a good candidate,but i am pregnant with number 4 and will be having m...

10 replies

OMG I am so glad I come across this thread.... I am going to be honest with you all... DH & I have welcomed our 4th baby into the wo...

Saint_KLB

I AM TAKING CHARGE !!! Lock

I AM TAKING CHARGE THIS TIME !!!! this is my last baby (again !! for real this time ) and I am ...

9 replies

Hi Kellie, There is a hospital in adelaide that tries to make the c-section birth as natural as possible. I know that if the baby ...

Humble005

Xmas Newyear c-ser Lock

hi all i'm preggy with my 5th yes 5th she was'nt planned AT ALL as my fiancee had a vasectomy las...

2 replies

they had scheduale the cser for xmas day on the hospital notes but my midwife said they never do any elective surgeries on public ho...

Charlottes mummy

C-section at Gosford Hospital, Central Coast? Lock

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had a c-section at Gosford Hospital on the central co...

4 replies

I've had 4 c-sections at Gosford Hospital in 5 years!! no problems at all! they were great! your in good, capable hands there! try n...

mum23ratbags

4th c-section? Lock

Hi, i have just found out i am 5wks pregnant with baby no.4! wasnt planned, and i am a bit worrie...

17 replies

I've had 4 c- sections all quite close together, really wasn't a problem, the only difference the last time being that I had my tube...

Heavy periods after caesarean? Lock

My dd was born by c-section last November and my periods have been really heavy ever since. (The...

1 reply

I am not sure about the orange colour. It is normal to have a brown colour somewhere during the period. I have had 2 c-sections an...

donnamc74

Hospital bag for a suprise C Section and any advice? Lock

At 40+5 baby was 3/5 engaged but now at 40+8 is breech, so after unsuccessful hospital attempt at...

4 replies

DEFINATELY take Grandma knickers! The higher the better! Ive had two previous cesareans, and both times, i had no knickers on for th...

C-Section and going early Lock

I have decided to go with a c-section after a LOT of thinking. However, I have been having the st...

8 replies

the best advise is to talk to your OB. As long as you have a birth plan, this will not change if you labour early, simply better fo...

Bek81

Booking c-section date Lock

Hi, Im due date is 25th September but will be booking in for a c-section. I know the usually book...

11 replies

Glad to hear you got your dates, makes planning so much easier. I'm having my 3rd c-section in march and i am picking my date next w...

larchey

c section or not Lock

i am 10 weeks pregnant with my 6th child. With my first four it was easy going quick short labour...

1 reply

From what I understand, the short gap between your last c section and this pregnancy will go against you, but the fact that you have...

Hello Ladies" C section question and terrified. Lock

Hello Ladies. I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my first and am considering a c section. I have done s...

11 replies

Hi and congrats on your pregnancy! As you have read, all births are completely different. I have one daughter and am now pregnant ...

Scared of elective c-section Lock

Due for a elective c-section in a few days time. I'm actually getting really worried. I was fine...

2 replies

Its natural for us to worry before a c-section. I know i did thats for sure- i had an "elective c-section" (i have a heart shaped ut...

hoola-hoop

c-section stitches Lock

hi, i had my baby girl 2 weeks ago & no one has told me when my stitches will be coming out, are ...

8 replies

Hi, good to hear that you had your little girl, congratulations, what date was she born? I had Ethan on the 14th so ended up being 8...

Just curious - complete breech Lock

I've always been fascinated by breech babies and why they don't turn. My own daughter was a comp...

New no replies Be the first to reply »