Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

Shae_D83

C section after 3rd degree tear

Hi Ladies, I Have been reading threads on this topic for ages. I am currently Due with number tw...

26 replies

I suffered a 3rd degree tear with #1- my waters broke (40+2 weeks) and DD1 was in distress, mainly due a cord twisted around her nec...

SnazzyMummy

Inducing labour for vbac

Hi.. just wondering if anyone has had a successful induced vbac My son was an emergency c section...

4 replies

Hey sorry it took me so long to reply... Went to appointment on thursday and because I was coming up to 10days over they said I ei...

Kimchan-0

Vbac after a uterine tear during previous c-section

im due to have my baby in november (6 years after my first child) and ended up in a failed labour...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
flowergirl1

Help! Low platelets, what does this mean for me?

Hi ladies Has anyone had any experiences with 'low platelets'? I am 35 weeks preggy wi...

4 replies

Spinal block is pretty much the same thing. If it gets to the point where they won't do an epidural then I would say with the r...

my3ladies

when do you get booked in for c-section?

Hi, just wondering how many weeks prior did you anyone get booked in for their c-sections? ive ha...

13 replies

I've had 2 and booked in with both at my very first ob appointment so before 12 weeks. I guess it depends on whether you go pri...

S_Jim43

Out of Pocket Expenses when going Private

I am newly pregnant and I am considering going private as I haveHBF private health insurance. I w...

1 reply

Heya, I thought i'd definitely respond to your post as i am going through this atm. We are 35 weeks with #2 and going private a...

_rk

C section or VBAC

Hi All, Baby number 1 was an emergency c section after becoming stuck in my pelvis 23 hours into...

9 replies

My first was an emergency c section with my daughter posterior and stuck so after 34 hrs labour was rushed for a c section. I was gi...

Erin_86

Elective Caesarian in public system

Hi everyone, So I'm 22weeks now was told today that my results from 20week scan are showin...

1 reply

Hi Erin. I had a low lying placenta too but it moved by itself before my bub came. I was in the public system for my booked c-sectio...

ErinB2011

Loss of a dream

Hi there, This seems like a pretty supportive and informative place to share, so here it goes......

stacytoby

C Section after Traumatic Labour

Hi everyone, I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My first pregnancy was completely f...

Sasha1001

VBAC Western Australia

Hi all! I have been away from the forum since having my first child, who was born via emergency c...

4 replies

Hi, I had a vbac at joondalup public, totally accidental, I had a repeat cs booked at 39 2eeks but my waters broke at 36w5 and the o...

Shaylaandnick

Belly binding

Hey everyone, I had a c section four months ago and my stomach is still quite loose and flabby lo...

1 reply

Hi, i have friends with C-sections and i see them using these binders. It helps a lot. You may also consult your OB for post natal e...

*Brookie*

First baby - Elective caesarean

I've googled and searched this forum and found bits and pieces, but nothing that is relevant...

5 replies

Hi... I am having what is called an 'elective c-section' this friday with my first even though I dont actually get much ch...

GreenLady

Maternal Assisted CSections?

So I've been looking a fair bit into Csections and I've come across some info about a m...

1 reply

I don't know of anyone who has had one but I kinda like the idea of it being more involved I felt a tad disconnected from my D...

~Mel A~

So Friday is the day...

I am due tomorrow and after seeing my doctor yesterday I have been booked in for a cesarean on Fr...

15 replies

All the best for Friday! So exciting that you will be holding your bub soon.

OC1246

Steroid injections?

Do all c/s babies get steroid injections after birth? Thanks. Xxx

16 replies

thanks. xxx

Quick Emergency C-Section Question

You could always check with your private health insurer but I am fairly sure everything is covere...

5 replies

I am having c section in 8 weeks. There is no additional charge just what I have already paid as preg management fee at 24 weeks. Wh...

Amandajoan

Placenta Previa

Hi all just wondering if any one out there has placenta previa/ had and their stories. I have gr...

9 replies

I had Grade 4 Placenta Previa. I had my first bleed at 28 weeks and was in hospital for a week. I was allowed to go home due to livi...

OC1246

Care package for mum after c/s?

My cousin is having a c/s and I want to put together a care package that I can post to her as she...

7 replies

I guess it depends what kind of mum she is, but I'd probably give a sling. If she has a capsule she won't be able to lift ...

Kyliec_85

Do you think they will 'allow' me to have caesar?

Hi all, I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd boy. At the moment i am seeing a OB because i am ...

Kristy_Meia

elective caesarean

hi i was just woundering if anybody knew how much a elective caesarean was. i have had 1 emergenc...

16 replies

NSW KaiPsMummy

Elective C Section

I think it's worth doing a lot more investigation before making the decision. 'Your bi...

8 replies

I haven't had a c-section, but I never would. It's major surgery. Why put yourself at risks when your baby needs you most?...

Gemmatkd

When do they usually book you in for a repeat c section?

I'm new to NZ. I've had 2 previous sections and going to see the consultant next week ...

3 replies

I did think that it would be around 39 weeks. Like I say, I'm mostly concerned with my previous problems coming back to haunt ...

Lottiemum

Elective CSections

Hi all I'm TTC#3 but i am already think about the birth (haha). I want to have an elective...

1 reply

My previous bubs weren't really big. I can't afford a doula or a private midwife ( i looked into it and its a bit too cos...

Kath*3

Can anyone who has had 4 c sections recommend a good obgyn in Perth?

Hi, I have previously had three c sections and will be planning my 4th later this year. I'm ...

2 replies

Thanks Ruby. I'm nor but I would be happy to travel further south too. I have heard good things about Margo.

Mrsdavies

Can I have a natural birth?

I am just needing help. I have had two previous c-sections and am really wanting to try a natural...

5 replies

Hi Mrs Davies, I'll be following your post, I'm also from Tauranga, not pregnant, yet, but looking into VBA2C so am intere...

Bkel1234

Low lying placenta- is it really going to move or am I certain for a caesarean

I have an anterior placenta that's currently practically covering my cervix, my doctor doesn...

3 replies

I had this also, at my 19 week scan they said I had a grade 3 previa with the placenta partially covering the cervix. They rescanned...

I Love My Babes

At what week gestation were your elective caesareans booked?

Morning Just wondering at what week your elective caesareans were booked for? My 1st for dd1 was...

6 replies

Thank You Ladies for your Reply's It really means a lot xxx Like I know the best thing for baby is to grow for as long as pos...

C section birth of triplets.

Ah I'm so sorry I accidentally just pressed report :-/ Do you have Facebook? It might be w...

Gabby2581

Constant pain after emergency cesarean 2 years ago

Hi mums, Im hoping someone else can shed some light that have gone through the same thing. Im com...

3 replies

I agree with the other ladies. Doesn't sound right to me, I've heard scar tissue can build up and be quite painful but as ...

Chocolate2011

C-Sections - what you wish you knew before yours?

What to expect / tips for a better recover...... Hi, there is a possibility i may need a c-sectio...

16 replies

Asheleyhennebry wrote: Hi, ask for pain killers. No one told me I had to ask. Thought they were bringing me them when I was allowed ...

Shrimpy198i

Scared ! Has anyone freaked out being awake ?

Really concerned about the prospect of being awake for a c-section ! Really grossing me out the t...

5 replies

Find out Friday if I have to if I do will be the 14 dec or so

C_Pfarmer

Worried :S

I had an emrgency c-section with my first child. I was 16 at the time and was very scared and did...

7 replies

Where u gonna have ur next baby

Sunday_Inc2

Looking to have VBA2C

I am chasing information about trying for a natural birth after having 2 emergency c-sections. ...

6 replies

I was wondering about this as well. I am using a different OB but he's in the same rooms as my prior who told me with DD2 that...

Anni_b

Need to share

Hey ladies! First I wanna say please dont read this is you have a ceaserian coming up, I don...

3 replies

Thanks guys His name is Abraham, a little different but suits the old man gaze he has lol. Little Diva I'm sorry you went thro...

little Diva

Medicare covered Tubal Ligation/Tummy tuck

Hi Ladies I just wanted to share about complimentary surgery covered under medicare. I have just...

Anni_b

Public health system pressure

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share. I have a c section scheduled Tuesday and had my last ...

9 replies

I'm having my 3rd C/S this Thursday morninng and hope to be home on Saturday. With my previous two I only stayed two nights als...

wolfbaby

cant remember what to expect in 1st week or two

cant recall how I managed w dd1 after c/sec for 1st few weeks. had hubby then to help w bottles a...

5 replies

thanx all for the help. will do some of those

Gemmatkd

Uk mums having kiwi babies

I'm a uk citizen. My dh is kiwi so is my baby. I'm 18 weeks and have been confirmed th...

5 replies

I emailed ministry of health eligibility services. They replied saying that I am entitled to full maternity care including post nat...

Julie_Heeney

5 days to caesarean

Hi I am booked in for my 2nd Caesarean in 8 years and I have been told that I need both an epidur...

7 replies

Oh how exciting. All the best.