Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Does anyone have any suggestions about what i can do to increase my chances of having a girl before i try to get pregnant again?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what i can do to increase my chances of having a girl before i try to get pregnant again? Rss

Hi everyone,

My name is Kylie, im 26 and live in Erskineville in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

I already have a 4 year old son (turning 5 in May) but in less then 6 months my partner and I want to try and have another baby.

I would really like to fall pregnant with a girl next time, so that i have one of each sex... but i have no idea what i could do to increase my chances.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? All suggestions are welcomed ! ! tongue

I'm also looking to meet new mum's online, so if anyone wants to chat... my email is ms_zart@hotmail.com If you have msn messenger, feel free to add me smile

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

Hi

I heard eat heaps of pasta for a girl or heaps of rice for a boy.
I don't know how true this is but I have one of each!

Good Luck

Bec
One "theory" is that if you have sex before ovulation (so roughly 1-2 weeks after your period) then you will conceive a girl. Apparently the X (female sperm) swim slower, but live longer and the Y (male sperm) swim faster, but die quicker, so the theory is that the Y sperm will die before the egg is released, leaving the longer living X sperm hanging around waiting for the egg at ovulation. Worked for me *lol*. In reality is was probably good luck rather than good management.

Good Luck!

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Hello if you scroll down to the bottom of this subject birth and pregnancy, planning for pregnancy and click on the 2nd page you will find an entry about this called
Increasing/Decreasing Cervical Mucous (for boy or girl) It is very technical but you may find it of some help. Good luck
Hi
Did you end up having a girl? I'm trying the same thing myself and was curious.
Thanks, Belinda
for a girl you need to have a high calcium and magnesium low sodium and potassium diet.
some of the foods i have found are-

low salt milk and bread
pasta
corn
plums
greek yoghurt
sour cream
liver
meat and poached fish
cranberry juice, cool aid, crystal light, aspartame

dont eat
bananas
watermelon
potatoes
chocolate
orange juice
tea & coffee

there is heaps more on how to but it really confusing
Hi me too! me too! lol

I have 2 boys and sooooo desperately want a daughter. I bought the book "Choose the sex of your baby - the natural way" by Hazel Chesterman-Phillips.
Its a great read with lots of happy stories from other parents. I tried the Shettles method last time - so sex 3 days before ovualion but that month I ovulated 2 days earlier and ended up having another boy.

Hazel's theory is similar to Shettles but she is much more cautious in that you creep up to ovulation very slowly. Have sex up to 7 days before ovulation then stop. Then 6 days before O next cycle, then 5 days before O and so on until you eventually get a girl. It can take many months to get pregnant doing it this way but I think the end result is well worth it. She also mentions sperm count. Men with high sperm counts generally produce boys. She recommends hot baths/showers, tight undies and frequent sex in the weeks leading up to ttc to drop the sperm count.

We are going to try this method very soon as I'm extremely clucky atm. Wish me luck smile

Sign in to follow this topic