Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Trying to conceive our second bub...

Trying to conceive our second bub... Rss

I'm just wondering if people have found it harder or easier conceiving second time round?

And has anyone fallen pregnant whilst breastfeeding OR before getting their period back?

Katie, VIC, Aaliyah Kaylee born 28/11/06 & Mikayla

Hi Katie,

Definatley harder 2nd time around.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

It was harder for us because we had m/c's. Plus I BF until 1 week short of 15 months and didn't get my periods for nearly 2 months after and even then, they were so irregular it made it all a bit tricky.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

We are trying as of this month, and so far not pregnant..

It took us nearly a year to fall with our first child after a miscarriage so hopefully not that long this time!

I rekon it is harder. They say that you are really fertile for the first 12 mths after a baby, but of course most people dont try in the first 12 mths!! After that, many many people (including myself) find it harder with the second. I have also heard that it is also really common to have m/c's between bub 1 and 2, whereas i thought m/c's were more common before a first baby. It just doesn't seem fair.....

I dont know from experience as we are TTC #2 next month but someone told me the other day the first 2 years after having a bub your body should be primed for conceiving again as it takes this long for your uterus to return to normal size.

Dont know how true this is as I have heard of lots of people who have had trouble second time around and also what was mentioned above lots of m/c between bubs 1 and 2.

Scares me a little actually but we will see how we go, as I say havent begun trying yet so heres hoping.
[Edited on 15/02/2008]

I am into my 2nd year of TTC #2. DS took 6 months and this time around is much more difficult. I am now seeing a fertility gyno and had IUI for the first time this month. 6 days until testing.
I would recommend that if nothing has happened after about 10 months see your GP and seek advice. We have nothing wrong and we have both been tested however, I am 36 so that doesn't help.
Good luck !

I reckon harder
We are TTc #2 and its been 8 months already plus we had a MC last oct
So i reckon harder!!!!
Hey

I found it easier for the 2nd time around but then again Connor was just shy of 5 months when I fell and the midwife said that the 1st year after having a baby is your most fertile.

We have been ttc #2 for one month now - I am still b/f and haven't had af. Haven't taken a test - but I have had a lot of headaches (had so many 1st time round in the 1st tri), also had real bad car sickness when we went away at the weekend(don't usually have any travel sickness) Don't want to get my hopes up too much, but i am hoping I am pregnant again!! Mind you it only took us a couple of weeks to fall pregnant first time around.
[Edited on 18/02/2008]

Sign in to follow this topic