Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Length of Period does it effect your ovualation days

Length of Period does it effect your ovualation days Rss

We are trying to get pregnant with our 2nd child and I have been told to wait until my cycle returns to 5 days is this true?

My period since the birth of my first child if you include the brown discharge before bleeding goes for six sometimes seven days.

Or should I be just counting from when bleeding begins?

thanks everyone

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melissa

I don't think just because your cycle isn't the 'normal' 28 days it should effect if you can get pregnant or not. You just need to find when you ovulate. I have always had a cycle between 35-42 days with a 7 day bleed which is not considered the 'norm'. I worked out I conceived at about Day 24 of my cycle. The most important thing is to find out when you are ovulating (and it may not necessarily be Day 14 as it obviously doesn't seem to be with me). I understand you can get home tests to tell you this??

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hey Melissa,

I don't think it matters how long your period goes for, its just when you ovulate. I found this website that will work out your ovulation dates based upon the date of your last period. You can even work out the conceptions date etc... I think all you have to do is join up with ivillage which is easy. I just used my email name. I have put this site addy on a forum before, it's free to join, the best secion to go for is "what if (ovulation) calendar". This will give you all the dates when you will ovulate every month and roughly when the baby will be due. the addy is www.pregnancycalendar.com

Good Luck in concieving your next child.
Take Care

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

Sign in to follow this topic