Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. signs and symptoms of being pregnant?

signs and symptoms of being pregnant? Rss

hello everyone,
My son is nearly 8 months old and I beleive that I'm pregnant! exciting yes but I would have prefered for baby number one to be older. The thing is I did a home pregnancy test which showed negative.
Just wondering what other signs women noticed before discovering you were pregnant?
Just like the first time my period is late and I'm eating a lot, I have also felt a bit dizzy and generaly run down...maybe it could be stress?
I'll let you know the results of the next pregnancy test.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hi Sandra,

I know of people who have had to do pregnancy tests up to three times over a week or so before it finally showed a positive result ... so a negative home test result doesn't always mean you aren't. My pregnancy was a little surprise. I was complaining to my friend about how swollen and painful my breasts had been over the last week or so and she suggested that I should go and do a home test cause that was her first sign when she was pregnant. The other symptoms I had was that I was extremely tired and flat yet hungry all the time, but like you said those symptoms can just be signs of being run down which is what I originally thought.

If you really feel as though you might be pregnant though and the home test is showing negative go to the doctor. I understand they do a blood test which is really only the 100% accurate way to find out.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

My two first indicators were 1) being super tired (laying on the couch and falling asleep for hours) and 2) extremely sensitive breasts - if I was laying on my back, to get up would be quite painful.

Cheers! smile

Tarns

I did the test again yesterday as I couldn't wait...it was negative. A little disapointing as I was convinced that I was but I'm glad as I want to have time and energy for the baby I already have. Besides I got my period today so it must be late due to stress with my 7 month old waking about 6 times during the night because of teething.

Thanks for your responses.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

have you missed a period yet? the pregnancy tests don't show positive if you are pregnant at least a day after your period was due, i was so excited about being pregnan,t deep down i knew but we had just got married and i really wanted to find out but i wasn't due for it until a few days, i tried one anyway, that was negative then i tried it the day i was technically due for it, and it was positive.
i have always had my periods at the same time each month, but befroe our wedding i got it about 4 days earlier so i knew i was able to take the test when i was technically due for it again.

smile

Mummy to Malachi - 24 July 2004

Hi Scorpian,

Do you have any other signs?? My major one is my boobs, being super sensitive and sore. Also a mojor desire to have a sleep in the middle of the day, after a meal etc.

Best of luck, let us know of any new reports!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

tender breasts, really tired all the time, morning sickness or afternoon sickness, not being able to eat much at a sitting of a meal, moodiness you have to be 4 weeks preggas before it shows on a test...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

any news Sandra???

Just wondering....

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I am just wondering if anyone would perhaps know, Is it possible to have a period (at the due time) and be pregnant? Someone else told me that it is possible but it may be a bit unusual then what you would normally have. Has anybody else heard of this?

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

A friend of mine kept having her periods as normal up until she was 12 weeks pregnant. They were lighter than usual though ... she has two children and it happened when she was pregnant with both of them.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

I had a period (or what I thought was one) on the usual date with my current pregnancy, but a pregnancy test a couple of days later (after noticing my middle had expanded and I was nauseas) was positive. So yes it is definitely possible to have 1 or more periods while pregnant.
I have heard of some poor women who continue to get periods right through an otherwise normal pregnancy, though it pays to get something like that checked out as it could be more than a period.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

I also had my period, for 3 months though! I knew i was pregnant by 6 weeks though because my breasts were so sensitive and i was sick all the time and really really tired!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

Sign in to follow this topic