Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Endometriosis Rss

Hello Ladies,

I am writing on behalf of my sister,

She has been trying for a baby for almost 3 years now and after having a laparoscopy she was diagnosed with endometriosis.

The doc put her on medication which she took via a nasal spray and now 6 months later she has been cleared of endometiosis ( she had another laparoscopy to confirm this )

It has only been 1 month since the all clear so she is excited she can hopefully fall pregnant before the endometriosis comes back.

Has anyone else had endometriosis and successfully fallen pregnant?

Love to hear from you
Maria

NSW - 1st child baby girl

Hi Maria

I haven't had the problem myself, but my sister-in-law has. She had drugs and surgery to fix the problem, which has since come back. She also smokes.

However despite all that she has an almost 3 year old son, so yes it can definitely happen.

Best of luck for your sister

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi Mariav,

My sister who is 42 now, has also suffered from Endometriosis, for almost 11yrs. 10 yrs of which she tried to conceive.

After giving up on the idea of ever becoming a mum, miraculously she fell pregnant.

She is now a proud mum of a 5month old baby boy.

She quit smoking about 5yrs ago.

So yes it is possible to fall pregnant even if diagnosed with Endometriosis.

I wish you all the best to all the other women out there that are still trying!

Kylie (",)

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

Maria

I had endometriosis and now have 2 wonderful children!!!

I took drugs to get rid of it and then had to get my cycle happening properly as I was not ovulating.

It took a while but it did happen.

Best of luck to your sister.

Jodie, Qld. Madison (09/09/00), Ashton (22/01/04)

I've had 2 girls since being diagnosed with endometriosis. Due to other problems I also needed fertility drugs and monitoring of ovulation, and still managed to fall pregnant twice. The first time I was advised that if I hadn't fallen pregnant within 6 months of the laparoscopy, that I should have another one to check that the endometriosis had not come back.
Good Luck.

mum to 2 girls

Hi,

My cousins wife has it bad and after they were married she thought she would go off her pill as the doc said it will take a number of years for her to fall as she had this condition. 1 month later she was pregnant! I have heard of women falling pregnant with this condition and have heard that not being able to fall pregnant is a myth. I'm not sure as I apparently have it but have not had the operation to verify it and I have had 2 children.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic