Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. When is the best time to concieve?

When is the best time to concieve? Rss

Hi all

I am getting married in November and I was wondering what is the best time to concieve (ie. how many days before/after your period)

We havnt set a date for the wedding yet as we want to get pregnant on or near the wedding.

if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi there

I kept track of my cycles for a few months and averaged 27 days.

To keep things easy, basically if you halve the number of days, ie approx 13, that is your most fertile time - ie 13 days from the FIRST DAY of your LAST period.

Potential fertile time is a few days either side of this.

In my case, we only 'did the deed' once that particular week on exactly the 13th day and got pregnant.

An old wives tale is that if you want to fall pregnant with a girl, try in the days prior to peak fertile day. If you want a boy aim for the exact peak day. In my case, it did work - we are expecting a boy. Strange but true.

All the best for your wedding and future family. smile

Tarns

Oops. Should also add that I went off the Pill in September and it took us until the third pill-free cycle to fall pregnant - ie December.

Tarns

Hi,

Go to www.pregnancy calendar.com

I have posted this addy before, but to take the guess work out there is a website that takes out the guess work, of finding out when you are ovulating etc... It will also give you a estimate of when you would be due and when conception happened.

All you may have to do is join 'ivillage' but its free. when you have go to the 'what if ovulation' one and as I said you can take the guess work out of when you ovulate.

Good luck with getting pregnant and with the wedding
Take Care

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

you can buy tests to see when u are ovulating . threre is one called maybe baby its a like a microscope that you put a bit of saliva on and look thru the devise if you see a fern like pattern it means you are ovulating , if they look like pebbles u are not. for a boy hve sex on the day of ovualtion for a girl 3 days b4 s suppused to work . i hve 3 bpoys and with the last one is was on the day of ovlation so i wasnt surprised to see him when he was born

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic