Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Whats a good age to have another???

Whats a good age to have another??? Rss

Hi my name is Selena, I have a gorgeous baby boy named Edan, he is 9months old and such a little man already!
I cant help but think of how great he would be at being a big brother, and I am finding it quite challenging to resist the urge to wait for another.
Though many have told me I should definatly hold off until hes 2years, I want to hear the pros and cons from boths sides of the fence before making my decision, if any mothers are interested in sharing their experiences

Thank you

Selena, NSW

Hi Selena

My girls are 16 months apart. It was really hard when I was pregnant as Emily was still little. Still having to bend over and carry her and not being able to just rest and take it easy when you felt horrible, which was most of the time!

Its still hard as emily is very independent and fast! She takes off quickly before I know it and trying to get her to stay next me when I am getting Jess in and out of the car isnt easy.

On the plus side they do get along really well and I hope they grow up being close. Another plus is you are still in the nappy changing mode with 2 close together.

Cant think of anything else at the moment if u have any specific questions let me know.

Good luck

Bianca

Bianca, Emily 7/11/03 Jess 24/3/05 Thomas 12/6/07

Hi Selena

I've had mine close together and wouldn't have it any other way. Xander was 16 months old when Marshall was born, and Marshall is 16 months old now and his little brother or sister is due in 8 days!
That means 3 under 3, and no, i'm not crazy!!

My boys are the best of friends. They play together all the time and everyone is always saying they'll be great mates. They also fight, but i figure they'd do that regardless of how many years were between them!

The main thing is being able to maintain 'special' time with each one, and i get that during nap times as they're not always asleep at the same time. It is difficult to start with, trying to breastfed while keeping an active 16 month old busy, but i figure this time Xander will help occupy his brother while i'm feeding.

Goodluck in your decision

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Hello.
I have a little 8 month old boy and my husband and I have just decided to go again. I am aware that most people would tell us we're nuts but it's okay. I don't think that there is a good age or a bad one it just depends how each individual family works. I personally just got all clucky again at the sight of little babies. When we talked about having another baby there wasn't any hesitation.

all of us

Sign in to follow this topic