Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pregnancy after miscarriage Rss

Hi All,
Not a happy subject to talk about but I was wondering how others had gone falling pregnant after a miscarriage.
I have recently had a miscarriage. I went in for the 12 week nuchal scan and it showed no heartbeat and that the foetus had died at about 8 weeks. I had to have a D&C as I hadn't actually passed the foetus.
My blood tests at 6 weeks showed low immunity to rubella, so I have had that needle and now have to wait 3 months before we can start trying again. I have just had my first cycle since the D&C - never thought I would be so happy to see ol' AF! - so the plumbing is working OK!
How long did it take you to fall after a m/c, and did you have a sucessful pregnancy the first time?
I am on the countdown at the moment - 70 days and counting before hubby wont know if he has gone to heaven or hell while we TTC #2!!
Tanya

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Hi Tanya,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, it is never an easy thing to cope with, especially in your case as you didn't actually pass the foetus.

I had a similar miscarriage in Jan 2003 my baby had died at 5 weeks but I carried it till 10 weeks (not really knowing it had died) then at 10 weeks I started to bleed a little and went for a scan thinking it was okay but they found the bub was only 5 weeks so dates etc did not match up so it wasn't looking good and within the next 24hrs I miscarried the baby, I went in for a D&C and was told to give my body a month to get AF back etc before trying again, well for me I had more trouble in 4 weeks I was still in pain and bleeding went for another ultrasound and they found they had left "products of Conception" behind after doing the D&C so I had to go back in for a 2nd Curette, then my Dr told me that my body would now be totally confused so she put me on the mini pill to get back my regular cycle which I did after 24days, but I stayed on the pill for another month and then after the next AF is when we started trying again and it took us 4mths to fall with my DS as my cycles were a bit over the place, I was quite nervous through out his pregnancy and had a few scans to make sure all was okay but he was born 9mths later a healthy little boy.

I am now pregnant again in the early stages at the moment and you still worry but now I sort of look at it, if a miscarriage is going to happen you really can't stop it so there is no need to stress out about it IYKWIM.

Anyway goodluck to you for when you do try again, but most professionals (drs/nurses at the hospital after having my D&C's ) said that you do usually fall quite quickly.

Sign in to follow this topic