Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC FEB 09 Lock Rss

[Edited on 30/01/2009]
Hi can I join this thread?
Just read the abbreviations thread and then found this one.

We are thinking about TTC late Feb, maybe March.
This would be our 3rd.
I am still on pill-prob going to take it until this box runs out, 2 more months. This would take me through till mid March. Prob is though, when you start thinking babies, it seems they're everywhere. This makes any kind of 'planning' hard as you just want to start BD straightaway!

Have any of you had young babies around Christmas before? Do you take birthdays and other events/seasons into account when deciding when to have children? My DS was only 4 weeks at Christmas and it was nice, but very tiring!

I'm a bit worried about the Christmas thing too. Christmas was tiring enough with a 21 month old let alone a newborn but we'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited either way!
Hi lasmonkey,

The first time around we didn't take anything into consideration. We were very blessed to fall when we did - as we were just about to start IVF when I had my next cycle.
But when we try for no two we have thought about when the baby would be due. My DH and I live in the North Island of New Zealand and are planning on travelling back to Queensland for Christmas 2009 to spend it with our families. So if we fall in Feb we will be able to take the new bub with us, and if we don't fall in Feb we are going to stop trying for March and April so I won't heaviliy pregnant and not able to fly at christmas. It is hard knowing that if it doesn't work in Feb we will be stoping - especially as we are both really looking forward to being pregnant and having another child, but I'm sure that a few extra months won't be too bad seeing as it took us as long as it did to have DD1.
DD1 is a Feb 2008 baby so she was 10 months old at christmas - she unwrapped presents and played with her toys but I'm sure Christmas 2009 will be much more exciting for her and us!
How about other birthdays of children or partners ? My 2 childrens bdays are September and November, so in some waysit would be nice to have a birthday in April or May or even FEbruary. This is all hypothetical of course as you can't tell when you will actually get BFP. (Was that right?-am practising my abbreviations!)

We arn't taking any other birthdays or anything else into consideration. I don't know how long it will take to fall again so I will be happy with whatever happens.
DP, DD and myself are all born late March - May so i'm not worried about that unless it takes a long time to fall just the Christmas thing that worries me.
[Edited on 11/01/2009]
DD was also born at 32 weeks and my mum had all of us at 35-36 weeks so i've been told i'm not likely to carry to full term.
My DS was born on 11 December. Last year he was only 2 weeks old. It was nice but I found I was still quite emotional and tired and I wasn't exactly thrilled about christmas.
This year was a different story. I loved it. The only thing I think may be an issue later on in having a b'day so close to Christmas is they get so many presents etc so close together our house is just a circus! Another thing is having birthday parties -= its a very busy time of year so lots of people cant make it.
I checked out my dates a few days ago and if my cycles continue the way the are if I fell pregnant in March this year, baby would be due around 22 December. Thats a little too close to Chrissy but I dont think it will stop me TTC.

morning girls

well af showed up yesterday so thought it was time to come to feb. Bit about myself im 21 and have a 3.5yr old. ive been ttc for 6months so we wll see if this is the month.

well time toget redy for work all the best toyou all.

mirri

Another thing is having birthday parties -= its a very busy time of year so lots of people cant make it.
I checked out my dates a few days ago and if my cycles continue the way the are if I fell pregnant in March this year, baby would be due around 22 December. Thats a little too close to Chrissy but I dont think it will stop me TTC.

This is one of the things I was thinking about-birthday parties. A lot of people do go away around December/Christmas.
I've been looking at the EDD chart of this Huggies site, trying to guess dates etc, and I too could end up having a Christmas baby. In my case, it would be a c/s so, I don't know if I'd want to be in hospital recovering over Christmas.
Those of us who are TTC in Feb/Mar may end up having babies born around Christmas time.

Another thing is having birthday parties -= its a very busy time of year so lots of people cant make it.

This is one of the things I was thinking about-birthday parties. A lot of people do go away around December/Christmas.
I've been looking at the EDD chart of this Huggies site, trying to guess dates etc, and I too could end up having a Christmas baby. In my case, it would be a c/s so, I don't know if I'd want to be in hospital recovering over Christmas.
Those of us who are TTC in Feb/Mar may end up having babies born around Christmas time.

Sign in to follow this topic