Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Folic Acid and other stuff Rss

Hi all,

Can Anyone help me out here? I know that I should be taking folic acid before I fall pregnant, but is there anything else that i should do when planning for a pregnancy?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

roy,mumof2,nsw

Hiya,

Other than the obvious of eating healthy, keeping fit, that's all i know of. You can buy a multi vitamin for pregnancy, that includes folate, it you wanted to be extra sure you are getting what you need.

Also goodluck TTC,

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hello roy, Apart from the great things Tepe has said the other things I would do is make sure your pap smear is up todate and have your rubella/german measles immunity checked. They just do a blood test to check the count and if it is low then they will give you another needle. While you are at the Drs you can also get them to just do a basic checkup ie listen to your heart, blood pressure etc.

Good luck, I hope you hear good news very very soon!!!
Hi Roy,

The only other thing I would add is to keep a positive attitude when trying to conceive.

As long as you are fit and healthy then that's the best start you can give yourself.

You can also get folate naturally eating green vegetables like broccoli and drinking fruit juices that have had folate added. They can be found in your supermarket.

The other thing that is good to know is your iron levels... if in doubt about these you can have a blood test done by your GP.

Goodluck with everything.

Wishing you all the best,

Michelle
hello
dont forget about your better half!!! Make sure not much of the smokes and grog or any bad stuff.
As said before a really positive attuitude, when i was watching my cycles like a hawk nothing happened, the minute i stopped and started to enjoy the process, bingo!! (didnt help though when i had to remember my dates!)

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Good point Catherine, about hubby, and the stress of trying to conceive.

Considering it took us over 12months to get there first 2 times, we did nothing different each cycle. Just try and relax, and don't put too much pressure on yourself to conceive. It will happen when everything is perfect! wink

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic