Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Maddychelle Rss

Hay how are you doing hun? you cant be far off delivering your wee bundle now? I hope your feeling ok and coping. Wishing you all the best for your labour and Im sending you fast easy labour vibes and hugs! Good luck and I cant wait to hear how it goes!
Rhiannon
Maybe we could all post something encouraging here for Michelle?
Hello Sweetie!!!

I only just spotted this post... no not long to go, but we will have to wait and see what my ultrasound and Ob appointment reveals for me on Wednesday.

I am doing much better, but am just keen to get on with it all now. I want to meet my little boy and I am starting to feel impatient.

My darling daughter (19 months) has been so good, she has been helping mummy pick things out for the bub and giving my tummy kisses and hugs.

It is so nice of you to post me a message and I promise to keep you all informed as to how things are going.

How are things with you Rhiannon? How far are you into your second pregnancy now? I will be thinking of you as the weeks go on.

Thankyou for making my day smile

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Michelle.
Im glad to hear your doing better and can totally relate to wanting to meet your son, I was exactly the same with my son, I went 7days over Edd and that was so hard as everyday that went by I got more and more impatient then one night I was getting tummy pains all night long, I thought I had constipation or something and I didnt even realise it was labour pains!! When I look back to that its so obvious, haha. Silly pregnancy brain!

Im glad to hear your daughter is being a sweetie, its got to be hard on you having a little one to care for aswell as yourself huh? So do you think she knows she will be getting a baby brother soon? I was wondering about that, Tasman will be around 17-18months old when Im due and I was wondering if he would have any idea. Are you able to pick her up, bath her and put her in her highchair very easily? I am worried about all these things, my back muscles took a hammering from the last preg and I dont think they are back to normal and Im preg again! He already is hard to pick up and I know its just going to get worse as time goes on, Im going to get bigger and so is he.

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, they just play on my mind sometimes, I am now heading into my 12 week so thats great! I have an appt with my midwife on Wednesday and I told her Im dying to hear a heartbeat so heres hoping all goes well! I hope your appt goes well on Wed too, why are they giving you an ultrasound or is that just normal practise in OZ?

Good luck and I hope your wee boy is not too active all night and your getting some rest!

All the best for wednesday
Hi Rhiannon,

Happy to hear from you again...

Well never be afraid to ask me questions as I love to try and be helpful when I can. I too was worried about how I would cope with lifting and carrying my daughter whilst pregnant and I must say that I found it hardest at the start. I used to get a jabbing or pulling sensation in my tummy when I lifted my daughter in the first trimester, but my doctor assured me it was just my tummy muscles stretching with the new bub and me exerting myself a little too much. I find now that I can lift my daughter and carry her for very short periods... she weighs about 11kg. I have found getting down to bath her some nights can be tough on my back... but you find ways around it. I will pop her in the shower with me or her dad and she loves it. Lifting her into the highchair can be a strain, but it is such a quick thing you have to do... you just manage. Having a helpful husband or partner makes a big difference. My husband can see when I am tired and not coping and he will step in and help out. You just like me will be fine and you will manage. There are a lot of women out there with babies close in age... I tell myself if they can do it, so can I. It's not always easy... and at this stage of pregnancy - 36 weeks, I am starting to feel really tired and a little bit run down as I have picked up a cold... sigh!

The reason I am headed back to have an ultrasound this week is that my Ob checked my size at 35 weeks and felt I was big enough to be 37 weeks gestation... so he sent me off for a glucose test to rule out gestational diabetes and an ultrasound to get some measurements of bub, fingers crossed everything will come back okay! I guess we need to know if bub is going to be too big for me to deliver... and will I need to be induced early to have a natural birth or be booked in for a C-section...? Time will tell...

I'll be thinking of you as you have your appointment on Wednesday and I hope you hear a nice loud strong heart beat from that precious tiny baby inside...

Be back soon to let you know how things go, and I hope to hear more from you soon too.

Michelle smile

Hey Michelle how are you going?
How was your appointment today? I hope all was well and bubs is doing just fine! Do you think you will be having bubs early or c-section?

Our appointment went well, heard a nice strong heartbeat so I came away very delighted indeed.

Hope to hear back that your doing good real soon!

Happy vibes!
Rhiannon
Hi Rhiannon,

GREAT idea!!!

Michelle, wishing you everything that will make things perfect. smile

You have been a wonder at helping mummies with their problems, especially me. Your kind words are magic. So thankyou. smile

Keep smiling and see you in the newborn section soon, wink

Tepe smile

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

only 22 days to go and counting for you.... wink

Michelle
I hope everythings ok. Hopefully your just off getting some well deserved rest?
Your getting me worried tho....
Hope to hear from you soon sweetie.
Hi guys,

I hate to speak for people...but i know Michelle is going GREAT! Probably just saving up all that energy that she will need soon!!

I hope you don't mind me posting this Michelle!! smile

Tepe

PS, I just don't want people to worry..... I now i would be

Hi Rhiannon & Tepe...

Thanks for your concern but I am okay... Really!

I am sorry to have made you worry. I've just been tired chasing after my very active 19 month old daughter and not sleeping that well either... the computer sort of got neglected as a result...

Just to give you an update on my pregnancy as it counts down for the final 3 weeks. I went to the hospital 2 days ago and had an ultrasound… got to see my boy and hear his heart beat which was fantastic. Saw him sucking on his fingers and moving around too. It has been determined he is definitely a “he” and that he is doing very well. He is on the bigger side of average… the top 70% size (which means 70% of babies born are smaller than him), but my Ob is not terribly concerned about this and feels I should be okay delivering this baby. The only glitch, if you’d call it that… is that the umbilical cord is wrapped around babies neck not once but twice!! It used to be common practice to deliver these babies by c-section but is not felt to be necessary anymore. They can move the chord as baby is being delivered and right now baby is in no harm. The absolute worse case scenario now would be for baby to go into fetal distress and then they would do an emergency c-section… So I have been given the all clear for a natural birth at this time. I am feeling very happy and relieved to say the least. So my boy is due in 20 days time by my EDD or can be born anytime safely from now… (did you hear that little one? Its safe to come out now... )

Thankyou so much for caring and NO I don't mind you speaking on my behalf Tepe... you hit the nail on the head anyway!!!

I promise to keep you updated as things progress.

How are things with you Rhiannon...? Can you feel your bub yet?

Big Hugs to my caring buddies (( ))

Michelle grin

20 days to go.....and counting for you! (Only so i can see the beautiul pics)

Take care,

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic