Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Planning to have baby no 2 Rss

Good morning to all, Just wanted some ideas and the do's and don't's of trying to fall pregnant.

What things should I be eating or pills I should be taking before falling pregnant? ANy particular vitamins or anything? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Most doctors recommend taking folic acid 3 months before falling pregnant or as soon as you start trying. Research has found that by taking folic acid, it considerably reduces the risk of deformities in the baby as the baby develops. Hope this helps, Good luck

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

I have heard that if you are trying to get pregnant then treat your body as if you are already pregnant, ie no drinking, smoking, as girlymum said take the folic acid and make sure your getting plenty of iron in your diet, there shouldnt be a need for supplements (iron) until you are pregnant. I would suggest getting excercise, organising your diet and being careful about high risk foods, just incase.

Oh and having sex will help ALOT when trying to get pregnant, haha.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes to plan for you.
I have taken Eleveit (once a day multivitamins) with both my pregnancies and on the packet they say to start taking them when you are planning for a pregnancy and also whilst breastfeeding. (I was never that organised to start before falling pregnant). It's mainly for the folic acid as it has been proven to help prevent spina bifida if taken before & during pregnancy. I like that particular brand mainly because you only have to take one a day, and they have iron and all the other stuff in it too.

Otherwise limiting alcohol, caffeine etc and excercising all help in actually acheiving pregnancy. I guess the healthier & fitter you are the more easily to fall pregnant.

I would also recommend trying not to be too impatient or anxious! Once I made my mind up that I wasn't going to waste any more money on pregnancy tests untill the period was well overdue and just let it happen whenever it is supposed to, well that's when it finally happened!

Good Luck!

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

hello saf,
hope all is well? i would like to add to not forget your partner make sure not to many smokes or grog. i think a little exercise does help.
have fun trying and i wish you good luck!!

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Sign in to follow this topic