Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

how to conseive a girl Lock Rss

just wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried or read the books on conseving a girl, dose it work? did it work for you? as we have 2 boys and would try for a girl in a year or 2 as 3 is the limit

apparently (and, by the way, don't take what i say as gospel) if you were to have intercourse about one day prior to ovulation then your chances of having a girl are stronger, as the male sperm do not live as long as the female sperm do. If you want a boy then having intercourse closer to ovulation time is best.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

hello i cant really give you to much help, but im the reasult of changing your diet.
my mum who passed away before i got to know all the details, told me that i was very muched planned and she changed her diet for a girl.
sorry i cant be more of a help!

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

I tried following the "Billings Method" mainly to try & concieve (boy or girl) and find my fertile period. The book was very useful but I could never figure out what day I actually ovulated.
But I have read in various books that to get a girl you should have intercourse something like 3 days before ovulation during your fertile period (aparently the fertile period lasts about 4 days before ovulation and the mucus in your vagina becomes more stretchy/lubricative during this time - like raw egg white, and is different to that or dry the rest of the month) hope you don't mind the detail. And to get a boy they recommend intercourse basically on the day of ovulation. The theory being that girl sperm live longer, but boy sperm can swim faster!
The Billings Method basically says you won't concieve unless you have intercourse during the fertile period and helps you to learn how to identify it.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

I just thought I would add to everyone elses comments that I didn't really care what sex my kids were but I did keep track of when I ovulated and when we had sex. Both my girls were a result of having sex before ovulation. I didn't know that that gave me girls until after I had them. Hopefully baby three wil be the boy and we will see if the theory of having sex on ovulation works or not.

Good luck with getting your girl.
Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Sign in to follow this topic