Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Egg donor desperately wanted !!!! Lock Rss

Hi, My name is Sandra and this is my story.

I was born with a hole in my heart and had my first operation at the age of 3. I was always told by the doctors that I could never have children because my heart wouldnt be strong enough to carry a baby.

This was the most terrible news that I could have had as my love for children and family was and still is very strong.

Anyway, I met this great guy and we eventually got married in 1992. He knew about this problem that I had and that it would be very dangerous if I fell pregnant so we agree'd that it would be best if he had a vasectomy.

After a couple of years we decided that we really did need children in our lives so we became foster carers.

A few more years went by and in 2001 I had to go into hospital and have a heart operation, this operation made me as strong as an ox just about and I was told that my heart would now cope with a pregnancy.

We were so excited, we could finally have a family of our own. So my husband went in and had a vasectomy reversal and we tried and tried and tried to fall pregnant. It didnt work.

We went to the doctors and he referred us to Repromed.

We had our first cycle and of IVF/ICSI at the start of 2003 and we got 24 eggs, unfortunately none of them turned out to be any good so the cycle had to be cancelled.

We started our 2nd cycle at the end of 2003 and this time we managed to get 11 eggs and again they were not any good.

We found out that there were chromesome / genetic problems with the eggs that could have been cause from the same defect that gave me the hole in my heart.

So it turns out that the only way we can have our own family is by using donor eggs. I asked my twin sister if she would be able to help us to achieve our long time dream and she declined. That hurt alot.

Then one day an old school friend just came to me and offered to donate her eggs. We gladly accepted. As she only had one ovary we knew that we would possibly have limited eggs. We got through the cycle and she gave us 5 beautiful eggs. They only manage to fertilize 4 of the eggs and after 2 days 2 more of the eggs stopped growing. On day 5 I went in for a blastocyst transfer with 1 very good looking blastocyst and unfortunately the last of the eggs didnt make it for freezing so this was it.

I was actually pregnant, after all of these years of desperatley wanting our own family, our dream was about to come true. Then it happened... after being pregnant for 6 weeks I lost my little dream baby.

I wouldnt like to ask my friend again as she and her family have already done so much for us. So now we are seeking another donor to help us achieve our dream family.

If somebody out there can help us we would be truly grateful.

I hope that our run of bad luck will soon be over.

Sandra

Sorry I cant help but I wanted to say what a sad story and i really hope you have some luck soon. I also lost a baby in Sept 05 and in Jan 06. so I know what you are going throught with losing your dream baby,.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hello sandra, i have just read your story, and i was wondering whats involved with donating eggs? i am 29 have 2 lovely healthy children and not planning for anymore..... but I would love to help you if i could.....But i really would love to know a bit more about it first.... if you could send me a site or email me that would be great... my name is kylie email addy: tezagiggles@hotmail.com thanks smile

kylie (30) from munno para

Hi Sandra

I would be interested in getting some information about it off you as i know what it is like to loose a baby.

I carried my Little man to 24 weeks and 3 days and went into labour they couldn't stop it.

You can contact me at emmawilson27@hotmail.com

Thanks Emma

Emma 19, Bailey Matthew 16/02/2006

Dear Sandra H,
Your story touched me ,your sheer detemination in wanting a baby means one thing you bloody deserve it .you touched my heart i'm sorry to say i can't help at the moment as i'm expecting my 1st if i had my children already i would with out a doubt do it,to know your remainder of eggs go to good use is all worth it. i wish u and your husband all the best, keep your spirits up you both sound so lovely
take care
Tracy Adelaide, Burton

TRACY,SA,

I hope this turns into a dream come true for you Sarah... I have always wanted to donate my eggs but I haven't finished having my own lil bubs so I would not even be considered! All you can do is hope that someone will read your post and come forward to help you and your husband... eternal luck to both of you!

Sign in to follow this topic