Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Still trying to get pregnant Lock Rss

My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant now for a good two years. I am 42 and so we knew it would be a bit of a wait, but it does get rather depressing each month, when the period arrives.

This time, my period is due on Saturday and for a week and a half now, I’ve been experiencing extremely achy breast and my nipples I can hardly touch! I’ve also had what seems like insomnia for the same amount of time, both symptoms I haven’t had before. Could it, hopefully, be that I am pregnant at last?

Although, in the last hour I’ve been feeling some slight aches down there which would to me normally feel like the old period pain, which would be such a shame. And I’m feeling very lightheaded which seems to be affecting my vision and all I’m doing is sitting typing!

Is it still possible to have period like pains when you’re actually pregnant? Or is it really that my period is on its way?

I know I could get a pregnancy test but I wanted to wait until after Saturday before I did that.

Hope someone can answer this.

Tessa
Hi Tessa,

I don't want to get your hopes up but with both my pregnancies I had SHOCKING period pain. The first time I didn't know I was pregnant so it was a big shock to find out that what felt like a period was actually not and both times I was told I was going to lose the babies. Anyway I didn't lose them at all they ended up going full term with no problems.

I hope for you it is not your period coming.

Tania.

Tania QLD 2 boys 3 & 2 and baby boy due 23/01/07

Does anyone want to reply to my post yet?

Thanks.
Sign in to follow this topic