Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

scared to be pregnant again!!! Rss

Hi,
I had a horrible 1st labour, sort of easy pregnancy once I got over the all day/nite vomitting, and now am scared of having another one. We've said at the end of this year to start trying, but I'm scared, actually petrified.
I don't want another labour like last one, things worked out ok in the end, but what if next time we're not so lucky.
I haemmoraged pretty bad and had to go to surgery to stop the bleeding and remove the placenta and had 6 bags of blood put back in me and couldn't move for nearly 3 days. I felt utterly useless, everyone had to do everything for me as I couldn't bear to even sit up, as my blood pressure was so low, my head would just spin.
Has anyone had a similar experience and then had another birth? Or did the docs offer a ceasar?
I was 5 mins off being prepared for a emergency ceasar when the mighty vac finally pulled my daughter out!!
Speaking of her, she must be having a nightmare, she's awake. Better go. Bye

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi Kooky

I would think that after that traumatic experience your doc would def let you have a voluntary caeser. Remeber though that you are kinda of immobie for a little whlie after that too. But if you are stressing all through your 2nd pregnancy about the birth its not going to be good for bubs so caeser might be the way to go smile

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I too had a horrible first labour and can vividly remember saying to myself 'never ever again!!' but low and behold here I am pregnant again!
I was more scared before I got pregnant of another birth, now that I am Ive accepted it, Im not going to stress out all pregnancy because of the birth.

Also I have been told as Im sure you have that the second birth is by FAR easier than the first, that and the fact Im taking myself to Yoga for pregnancy I am confident all will be fine. I think you need to stop worrying, at least you had a healthy baby, some women arent so lucky.

Once you become pregnant you will find it more accepting as there is nothing you can do to stop it and its far easier to enjoy the pregnancy than stress yourself and the baby out.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and remember it'll never happen the same way again.
Hi there, you just have to do what feels the most comfortable to you. My SIL had the worst 1st birth in history but she decided to try for VBAC for her 2nd. 30 minutes and then Shay popped out.

Like everyone has said, no 2 births are the same otherwise a lot of people would not put themselves through it.

Also remember that your imagination will work overtime during pregnancy! As someone else said try some yoga or other forms of relaxation whenever you feel yourself getting a little stressed about it all.

Take care
Jo

mum of 1

Thanxs for the advice.
I think I'm just letting my imagination run away with me. I just thank god it was me that had trouble and not my beautiful babe.
I talked to the doc and he said see how the pregnancy goes and they'll monitor the labour better and not let the pushing stage go for nearly 4 hrs. He also said, don't worry until u do decide to get pregnant, and most of the fears will subside when u are.
A lot of friends and family keep pushing the issue of when will the next one be, forcing me to think more about it. I just wanna scream, NOT YET!!!! Still enjoying my first one too much!!!!!
Oh well enough ranting on.
Have fun.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi,

I have just found out I am pregnant with my 3rd! I am both scared and excited! I think I am only scared because on being in the first trimester and my youngest now will only be 19 months old when this one is born! But I know I will cope as we always do!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic