Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. any tips on increasing chances of falling pregnant

any tips on increasing chances of falling pregnant Lock Rss

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has some tips on falling pregnant the second time round.
we have a wonderful 19 month old son and really would like to keep our children close in age, i fell pregnant really easy with him i was actually on the pill but this time around i just cant do it we have been trying now for almost 10 months without sucess.

any help would be lovely

Tracy
Hi Tracy,
Have you tried an Ovulation Kit? We were trying unsuccessfully for 8mths for our 3rd child so then I decided to try the kit and got positive reads so did the deed over this time and whow I fell pregnant and now expecting our baby in October. I thought the money I paid for the kit which was around $18 was well worth every cent for that success, I just wished now we had used the kit alot sooner but really didn't know about them till reading others had used them on this site and got success. Another thing too that I think helped us fall pregnant was Hubby and I went away on our own for a weekend and just totally relaxed over that time so we had all the best chances then of falling as I was finding with not falling I was starting to get upset and stressed too much.
Goodluck and I hope you can fall really soon.

Hi Tracy
In point form,

* BD every second day from about day 10-16 of your cycle (if you have a reg 28 day cycle you can narrow it down a bit)

*Boring old missionary position (not tmi i hope)

*stay lying down preferrably with pelvis raised on a pillow afterwards for at least 20 minutes (to allow the swimmers a better chance at staying in there!)

*Hubby should wear boxers and take a zinc supplement and not smoke.

*Try not to stress!!! (ha. easier said than done)

That's all that springs to mind for now.
Well it was my first pregnancy that was difficult to conceive, so I know how you feel. Hang in there.
And good luck!
xox

YM04, DS Sept 04 & Baby girl Nov 06

sorry i dont have any other tips than those mentioned.
but i just wanted to add it took us 13mths to concieve with our 2nd daughter. and i did the charting and used a few opk's too.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic