Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

hes already in my pelvis? Rss

hey people today i had a visit with my midwife ,she examined my bulge and said that i would likely be having my baby a few weeks early as he has already established himself in my pelvis and has been in there a week or two already sorry to confuse but this seems weird should i seek a second opinion incase she is wrong what if he does come early will he be ok i'm only 31 weeks 3 days preggers and she thinks he'll be born within 6-7weeks is this too early heeeeelp i'm freeking!!!

cherie,mum to Jacob born oct 2004

im not 100% sure but i think that the baby can be in the pelvis but for you to go into labour the baby would have to be engaged.
theres a big difference.
if you are concerned get ur doc to explain it more clearly to you or get a 2nd opinion if you feel something is just not right.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

i jusy went and dug out my baby diary and my doc told me that my bub was head down in my pelvis at 29wks. and i had 39wk pregnancy.

and for the last 10 weeks Hannah didnt turn, she stayed head down in my pelvis and her feet were under my ribs(which killed if i moved the wrong way)

But as i said before theres a difference between the baby in your pelvis and baby being engaged in your pelvis.

i hope this helps to ease your concern a little.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hey...don't panic!!

My first was down in my pelvis at 31 weeks and he didn't come till 4 days before his due date and my 2nd was down there at 30 weeks but she didn't come till 1 day after her due date!

You and bubs will be fine! Best wishes on the birth and be sure to let us know how you go!

Take care

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Cherie,
I understand how you are feeling, being in a very similar position & a first time mum too.
I'm 35 wks tomorrow & my little one has been down low in my pelvis from day 1 which m/ws told me it was because bubs had found a "comfy position" (feel lucky that i've not got a big tummy, but downfall is that a toilet has had to have been nearby at all times :} ), its been head down since about 25 wks when I had my last scan. When I saw my midwives after the scan they told me they would keep an eye on its position, but also told me it was nothing to worry about. Went for my regular appt. with them 2 weeks ago & they put its head down as D1 - which appears to be its descent? according to their info booklet which is rated on a scale of 0-4 (two wks before bubs was at 0 so it will be interesting if its changed when I see them tomorrow).
I have read so many other ladies postings on the net on similar probs. & the majority say they went full term which is reassuring, but I am still worried too. It doesnt help that all my family & friends keep checking out my tummy & commenting "shes going to be early", I'm not overly worried about delivering at 38/9wks (better than being overdue wink ) because I have read they are basically at full "gestation" then, but every little cramping feeling, or tightning I feel now, I do worry over.
This is from http://www2.babyworld.co.uk:
"Babies born before 32 weeks, and especially those weighing under 1,500g (3lb 5oz), usually have immature lungs which cannot secrete surfactant, a foamy substance that prevents the inner surfaces of the lungs from sticking together. This frequently results in severe breathing difficulties, a condition known as Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS). The earlier a baby is born, the more likely he is to suffer from RDS. After 32 weeks, RDS is far less common."
Alot of the week by week info on pregnancy will tell you the risks if it were to be born that week, I have found many state that after 32wks the chances of survival are very high, especially with the neonatal units being so good today. If you type in "Pregnancy week by week" you will get tons of pages to look at that gives you all sorts of info

Fingers crossed for both of us that everything goes well & if you want to chat you can email my yahoo addy its arna_l83@yahoo.com - i see you are in the sth island, i'm in auck, if you want to chat at all.

Good Luck!

Arna & Paije (29/09/04)

Sign in to follow this topic