Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Has anyone done the taknig your temp thing to get pregnant?

Has anyone done the taknig your temp thing to get pregnant? Rss

Hi
i am wondering if anyone has taken their temp to see when you ovulate.
how much does the temp rise from normal when u ovulate and how much time do u have to get preg once ovulation has occured?????

all the info you can give would be great.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi chelby, I did this many, many moons ago while still living in the UK. It didn't make any difference to us, as our infertility was caused by male factors. It was so long ago I can't even remember anything about it but know of 2 websites which are very good with charting.

www.fertilityfriend.com
www.bellybelly.biz

The bellybelly site is very good for both info and support!!

Cheers Jo

mum of 1

Hi Chelby,

I can't really answer your questions although I have done the temp charting thing but can't really remember the details. Suggest that you look at a book called The Billings Method. It discusses how to naturally chart your ovulation times so that you can use this as either a form or birth control or as a guide on when to try and get pregnant.

Hope this helps.

Yvette
Hi!

I have never done the temp thing but was talking to my sis-in-law who is doing it...well, was! She and hubby are TTC #1 but she has recently gone and bought one of those Ovulation Kits as she was doing the temp thing and it wasn't working for her...she said her temp was up one day down the next up again the next and so forth.

In saying this though I have heard it works for plenty of others. Best wishes!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

i did when trying for no2 . once u see a rise in the temp i think from memory it is a only a few days . i also had a maybe baby tester which was good. i also knew how to detct the change in the mucus & conceived my 3rd son on the actual day of ovulation so i was not surpised to discover it was anoher boy!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I didn't do the temp taking to actually get pregnant, but did do it to confirm that I was actually ovulating. I did it for about 6 months, every morning before you move or get out of bed you take your temp - even before going to the toilet -any movement can affect it. After a couple of months you will see the temperature rise at the time of ovulation. I was told to use this to determine when in my cycle ovulation occurred and then to have sex shortly before that - it ended up that we needed fertility treatment to actually fall pregnant, so didn't rely on this method - however by plotting my temperature every morning, I was able to tell that I was ovulating and when.

Good luck

mum to 2 girls

Sign in to follow this topic