Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Full of questions! Rss

Hi all-

I am only in my first month of ttc #2. My first baby (who's now 2 1/2) was unplanned, so all this planning is new to me!

I am on day 15 of my cycle today, but I don't know if I have a normal 28 day cycle as this is my first month off the pill. Am I right that if I have a 28 day cycle I would have ovulated on da 14, (yesterday)?

I know most women notice a change in their mucus when they ovulate, but I didn't notice any change at all. I hope this doesn't mean I haven't ovulated at all! We've done lots of 'trying'just in case. Has anyone else had no change in their cervical mucus when they ovulated?

Next question- I know most tests don't work until your period is due, but I've also read a fair few women's posts saying they got a positive result before their period was due. Tests are expensive but I don't know if I can wait another two weeks! Obviously I won't test just yet but I was wondering if anyone can confirm that they got results earlier than the day their period was due.

Finally, I gather Fortel is not very good, so what's the best brand to buy?

I think being off the pill has made me extra emotional- this morning watching the news about the miners in Tas I had tears streaming down my face! Normally I'd be able to control myself a bit better than that!

Sorry this s so long but this waiting and wondering is really hard, isn't it!!!

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

Hi there, Im no expert but..if you want to know what is happening First advice, don't guess your ovulation, chart your temps. I have been trying for 7 months - 6 of those guessing watching my mucus thinking i had a 28 day cycle. I finally went to Natural Fertility and it was brilliant. My mucus looks like im fertile 4 DAYS BEFORE i am! How misleading is that. by doing my temps i know when i am ovulating which is actuallty day 18 - all these months ive had it wrong. I actually go "dry" the two fertile days before i ovulate and wet again after.

As for preggie tests ive heard "quick card" are good. Don't test though, its so dissappointing if you do it too early. The first 3 months i was testing flat out and now i just don't. I save money and the dissapointment. Its easier to have that said to you though. Do what you want if you think it helps.

Ive been in your shoes (still am) its taken 7 months till i have "settled down" i was do desperate to be pregant and asked all your questions and did the tests, through the support of good friends and accepting my body will be ready in its own time, i have a real peace in my heart now and feel real at ease this month. Im really thinking of you. Your post is exactly me 7 months ago when i started this journey.
Hi Ellie,

It is usual that on a 28 day cycle that you would ovulated around the 14th day however everyone is different if you are a little confused I bought an ovulation kit for about 25 dollars and I felt this has helped me understand my body better.

I can honestly say that I have never noticed anything like a change in mucus or ovulation pains. I noticed things better when using the ovulation kit but I think it could have been in my head also LOL. I don't think that you haven't ovulation however I know your body is getting used to now not having the hormones of the pill any longer so maybe there is a chance that this has happened but seriously I don't know. I am not much help LOL

You can buy pregnancy tests that can be used a early as about 7 days before your period is due. I would probably hang off till about 4 days before it's due to save disappointment as they can still show neg and you could still be preg. I think it depends on how soon the HCG hormone builds up in your body. I have used tests early and had pos results with no problem but in that I have heard that you can get a pos result and still get a period as the egg doesn't attach to the uterus but has still been fertilized. I have used heaps of brands. Crystal clear I have found is good as well as first response.

Of coarse you will be emotional as your body has had hormones taken out of it due to you no longer taking the pill. It takes a little while for our bodies to adjust.

Sorry the post is so long and I hope I have helped in some way. Good luck with everything and congrats with starting TTC2

Hi,
I went on the pill when I was 16 and sort of went on and off a few times because it caused migraines etc. Anyway when I come off it to try for a baby, I thought everyone had a 28 day or less cycle, so we were trying from the 11th day to the 16th day. After trying for over a year, I decided to get an ovulation test and worked out that I actually ovulate on the 17th day and have a 34 day cycle, so its worth checking it out.
With the pregnancy tests, I used one from the supermarket, same as chemist ones just cheaper. You can get a 3 pack for $10. I try to hold out until I am late to do a test and even though they say do it anytime, I do it first thing in the morning.
It is so hard waiting and wondering if every little thing you feel could be a pregnancy symptom!!
Anyway, hope this helps and best wishes.
Sign in to follow this topic