Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Not quite ready for it yet ! Rss

Anyway DH and I finally decided a few months ago we would TTC bub #2 in Dec/Jan. DS is 15 mths next week so wanted to wait until he was at least 18 mths before TTC.

Anyway I am a great pill taker and have never forgotten 1 but this morning i look at my pack for some reason and realised i didn't take pill yesterday arvo! gasp I always take it around 5/6pm and therefore didn't take Tuesdays until 6/7am this morning (wednesday). On top of this the missed/late pill was only #3 in the new pack and we DTD on Monday night! According to my limited knowledge on TTC all these factors are the perfect ingredient to fall preg! early in cycle (LMP only started 6/7 days ago) DS was conceived 1st month of TTC so I am a littled scared that this one will hit the jackpot!

We normally use condoms and pill because were paranoid of falling before ready but since we decided to have #2 have been a little lapse with the condoms, including Mon pm!

Anyway, if it happens it happens i spose, just a little worried about breaking it to DH just in case - dont want to wait and see before i tell him. Also, what do you recommend - keep taking pills till end of pack and will i know if positive or stop in cause i am and they might harm potential bub?

Have been out and bought folate just in case and started on that, just didn't plan on doing so till end of the year!

Any replies appreciated wink
Hi,

Don't really have any advice on whether you should stop taking the pill or not, chances are you might not be pregnant. Maybe go speak with your doctor about your concerns?

Just thought I would mention that taking your folate now is a good thing anyway as its recommended to be taken at least 3 months before you even start to TTC.

Good luck

Hi,

Don't really have any advice on whether you should stop taking the pill or not, chances are you might not be pregnant. Maybe go speak with your doctor about your concerns?

Just thought I would mention that taking your folate now is a good thing anyway as its recommended to be taken at least 3 months before you even start to TTC.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply, i am not overly concerned whether preg or not just perhaps bummed that it might happen now and not as I had planned it. Will be meant to be if i am! And also if i do fall preg than how i should handle pill etc... as i am only learned up on the way i was going to do it (planned better!) I did not about folate though - was onto that because i didn't plan on starting it till end of this month!

Will post make in about 3/4 wks i guess on the verdict!
i guess it depends on how fertile you are. i have been pg 4 times and each time have fallen quickly, we just use the pill normally when not trying to fall pregant and i have missed one here and there and never fallen pregnant from it. goodluck and maybe you are more ready than you think! smile

Sign in to follow this topic