Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pregnancy after c-section Lock Rss

Hi guys, my baby was born nearly 7 months ago by emergency c-section. Does anyone know if there is a amount of time that you should wait before trying to have another baby? I'm worried that if I got pregnant again too soon the scar area wouldn't have healed enough and might split. Can that happen?

Also, this is a really dumb question but I don't have my period back yet but could I still get pregnant? We are "not not TTC" IYKWIM! smile

I asked my OB how long to wait after I had ds (emergency cs also). He told me to wait 3 months before falling pregnant again. I thought it would have been much longer. It took us over 3 years to get round to it.

I have heard but I don't know if it's true that there is more risk of uterine rupture if there's less than 2 years in between???

Petal, NSW, Mini Cooper 10.3.07

Hi, My OB advised to wait 6 months.
I was never told anything after my first C/S (emergency). We fell pregnant when DD1 was 9 months old. When I went to a midwife appt, I was wanting a VBAC and asked about uterine rupture as Babies would only be 18 months apart. She said, if it's going to rupture, it's going to rupture- doesn't matter how long in between. When I had an Ob appt late in my pregnancy, I had changed my mind to a C/S and he was glad as they were close together! Not sure anyone knows! LOL
Anyways, the day I was booked for my elective I went into labour. By the time I had my C/S (approx 9 hours after labour began), they discovered that my uterus HAD ruptured. Thankfully everything was ok, but perhaps it needed monitoring on their behalf whilst I was labouring waiting for my surgery.
I do know someone who had C/S's 11 months apart. No problem. Perhaps just extra monitoring on the scar area?

Good luck smile

Hi guys, my baby was born nearly 7 months ago by emergency c-section. Does anyone know if there is a amount of time that you should wait before trying to have another baby? I'm worried that if I got pregnant again too soon the scar area wouldn't have healed enough and might split. Can that happen?

Also, this is a really dumb question but I don't have my period back yet but could I still get pregnant? We are "not not TTC" IYKWIM! smile

hi i had a c section with my first bub and when he was 4 mnths old i fell pregnant again, my doctor said it was fine, i also had a c section with the second, and his advice was to wait for at least a year before i had a third. hope this helped
From what I have been told is that 12mos is the recommended timeframe for most women.

Everyone has a different healing rate...
Hi, I don't know anything about C sections, but to answer your other question, you can get pregnant before you get your period back, because you ovulate before you get your period for the first time. So, if that egg was fertalized you would not have a first period, you would just be pregnant again! (My FIL is 10 months younger than his sister!!)
12mths in time in total is idealk to recover properly so need to leave 3-4mths before trying

i have had 2 c-section now, my girls are 21 months apart, my doctor advised after my 1st to leave at least an 18 month gap between births.

I had a c section with my first, then fell pregnant again almost straight away and had my little boy 11 months later by elective c section, then went on to number 3 born 15 months later, tried vbac then and ruptured, almost lost baby and me, doc saved both plus my uterus. (a friend tried vbac and all was good) swore no more but am now 29 weeks pregnant with number 4 (by accident) due to have c section at 37 weeks and 4 days, hope that might be of some help
Sign in to follow this topic