Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When are you too old for a baby? Lock Rss

I was just wondering what peoples opinions on this are. I am 38 and had a baby 4 months ago, I would love another one but wonder if I am getting too old. I do have a friend who had her last one at 43 and the one before that at 40 - based on that there is still time for more! What do you think?

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

Hi,
No i don't think that is too old personally i think getting close to 50 is to old and those people who are in there 60's is just dam silly.To me they are not thinking about the baby at all being a 10 yr old kid with a 70 yr old mum.Lets face it at that age most kids might be embarrassed of there mums let alone looking like grandma.
As long as it feels right to you and it happens go for it no one's opinion should matter.
Moan
Hi Nikki,

I don't think you are too old to consider another. Like Moan said, it is your choice and it doesn't matter what other people think. Personally I am very grateful my MIL had her 5th child in her forties....he is my DH!

If you do decide to have another, please ignore 'well meaning' thoughts of others who might to to dissuade you or not be happy for you. I think no matter what age you are when you try for a baby or become pregnant we aqll become victims of 'well meaning' advice that can be upsetting.

Good luck.

My personal opinion is 50+. I really do think that at this age it is really too late to be starting a family, or finishing it! Just think, you would be 71 at their 21st!
I have a few close friends in their late 30's who are about to start their familys, and a few in mid 40's who are pregnant with what they are saying will be their last!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

I think you are only as old as you feel and if you have the stamina for number two - go for it!! I guess the only considerations are your health as pregnancy can get a bit harder on your body the older you get and there is a slightly higher chance of complications. Also it can be a bit harder to fall pregnant. I am 32 and have had problems with high blood pressure so I probably wouldn't try for more much past 35-40. But if you are good and well - why not!!??

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

I reckon good on you for wanting #2, it's all good. As long as you're up for it!

It's good that you want #1 to have a brother or sister. I know nothing about this kind of topic coz i've never really thought about it but if you manage fine with #1 then #2 sounds like something i'd be thinking about too - no matter the age.

Well, i guess anything over 50 might be a little thoughtless but 38 isn't even 40 so don't even worry about being too old.

Good luck with #2

Kel, SA, Mum to Lillian Rose - 06/06/06

Sign in to follow this topic