Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Ovulation? Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I am, and really always have been confused about when you exactly ovulate!!

I have what I assume to be a 28 day cycle (I get my AF on the exact same day every month).

I thought that when you get OV pain (cramping, discharge, etc) it meant you were ovulating and that when you are fertile and should shag like rabbits!! LOL

So I've had OV pain yesterday and today with alot of discharge...However, I took a OV test today just to make sure and it was negative, although there was a faint positive line but the test box still said that was a neg..

Soooo...Can someone kinda tell me straight when it is you actually ovulate?

Is it before you get pains or afterwards??

Sooo confused!! LOL
I was told best time to conceive was days 7-10 from first day of your period. Good luck.. When it happens make sure you grab a tummytie www.tummytie.com

milliecav smile

Hi Everyone,

I am, and really always have been confused about when you exactly ovulate!!

I have what I assume to be a 28 day cycle (I get my AF on the exact same day every month).

I thought that when you get OV pain (cramping, discharge, etc) it meant you were ovulating and that when you are fertile and should shag like rabbits!! LOL

So I've had OV pain yesterday and today with alot of discharge...However, I took a OV test today just to make sure and it was negative, although there was a faint positive line but the test box still said that was a neg..

Soooo...Can someone kinda tell me straight when it is you actually ovulate?

Is it before you get pains or afterwards??

Sooo confused!! LOL

Check out this site, as everyone is different so you can't just go by the "Norm" cycle is. This site is really helpful and has videos that explain everything.
Hope that helps, P.S Your not alone with the whole confusion thing!
Good luck!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/videos.html

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

what i was told and has worked for me first month 4 times is that you take the number of days your cycle is and take the 3 days that are smack bang in the middle and they should be the days you are most fertile.

I never had a prob with this but i'm not saying it will work for everyone.

Best of luck with it

Jen
When DP and I were ready to try for #2 I went by the 28 days cycle. Counted 2 weeks from the first day of my last period and that gave me a starting point which was Oct 2nd. A friend also suggested having sex every three days. So we did on the 1st, 4th and 7th of October and one of those days was the lucky day.

Even if you don't ovulate around the middle of a 28 day cycle I would suggest having sex every few days anyway. One of those days might be your lucky day. smile

When DP and I were ready to try for #2 I went by the 28 days cycle. Counted 2 weeks from the first day of my last period and that gave me a starting point which was Oct 2nd. A friend also suggested having sex every three days. So we did on the 1st, 4th and 7th of October and one of those days was the lucky day.

Even if you don't ovulate around the middle of a 28 day cycle I would suggest having sex every few days anyway. One of those days might be your lucky day. smile

Hi All

What about if your cycle is irregular? How do you count the days mine varies between 24,25 & 26 days?

Hi All

What about if your cycle is irregular? How do you count the days mine varies between 24,25 & 26 days?

Mine is like that now.... I used to be 28 days, then went to 24...though the last one was 31!!!! Though I normally go by the 28 days, so for me I should have OV'd last friday (11/02) BUT I get OV pain and check mucus and I believe I OV'd on tuesday last week (08/02) beause mine is now all over the place and its taking a while to conceive... this month we have had sex every second day from the day my period finished and will continue til I am due... I am a bit over it tongue!!! LOL
Oh and to add they say you OV 14 days before you get your period, so for you I would start having sex around day 10 onwards
Just thought i would add this..My girlfriend who has been trying for a couple of years went to the fertility specilist at Sydney IVF clinic and he told her to throw out the ovulation tests and just have sex every 2nd night for a month, well what do know she is now pregnant! And over the moon. If i dont fall this month thats what we will be doing next month.
Good luck!

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

Sign in to follow this topic