Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Ovulation test is still positive?? help!

Ovulation test is still positive?? help! Rss

Hey everyone!

2 days ago I started to chart my ovulation using a home ovulation kit. The control line and the test line were both dark, I tested again yesterday and it was still dark, and this morning I thought I should test again to see whats going on and its STILL dark, both lines are exact same.

What does this mean?

Does this mean I ovulated more than once, or that Im ovulating or that its comming up to ovulation? I am so confused, mind you the test i did 2 days ago was slightly lighter than the one today (the one i tested today is very dark!)

I have had intercourse with my partner all week so far. And even this morning before he went to work! I am super excited to see what this month brings.

Keeping positive thoughts and trying not to stress!!

Nina xx
Hi Nina, i know that if the test line is as dark as or darker then the control line it could mean your pregnant. Especially since for 3 days they have all read dark. If i was you id do a pregnancy test just to make sure. I hope that helps smile

Hi Nina, i know that if the test line is as dark as or darker then the control line it could mean your pregnant. Especially since for 3 days they have all read dark. If i was you id do a pregnancy test just to make sure. I hope that helps smile

Oh my gosh really????? I will wait a few more days and do a pregnancy test.

grin fingers crossed x
I had 4 days in a row of very dark positive opks. I'm Positive I ovulated on the 4th day because on the 5th day the line was alot lighter. Sometimes it takes a while for your ovary to actually release the egg and the opks detect your surge on the way uP and down. If today's opk is the darkest I'd say your ovulating today or tomorrow. Good luck smile I got pregnant on this cycle I'm talking about.

Just thought I would add that my first 3 days of positive opks the test line was the exact same darkness as the control line, on the 4th day the test line was a fair bit darker darker than the control line.

I had 4 days in a row of very dark positive opks. I'm Positive I ovulated on the 4th day because on the 5th day the line was alot lighter. Sometimes it takes a while for your ovary to actually release the egg and the opks detect your surge on the way uP and down. If today's opk is the darkest I'd say your ovulating today or tomorrow. Good luck smile I got pregnant on this cycle I'm talking about.

Thankyou for the advice!!

And congratulations on your pregnancy!!! smile

Just thought I would add that my first 3 days of positive opks the test line was the exact same darkness as the control line, on the 4th day the test line was a fair bit darker darker than the control line.

That sounds like mine smile

Hopefully we get our BFP this month smile
the month i fell pregnant with felicity my surge lasted for SIX days lmao! still sure i released egg approx 24hrs after the start of surge.

good luck!

Hi,

I have used an OPK for all 3 of my pregnancies. The first two showed the usual surge with a dark line, etc but with DD3 I also had 5 straight days of a positive 2nd line. And the line was much darker than the control line over these 5 days. FX that you are either already pregnant or OVing now.

Good luck smile

Sign in to follow this topic