Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Am I pregnant or is it a 'evap' line?

Am I pregnant or is it a 'evap' line? Lock Rss

I just started back on the pill a month ago & I missed a few days, now I've missed my period but 3 days after I was due I had a very light bleed for a few hours, & it makes more sense that it was an implantation bleed..
I took 2 first response tests 2 days ago ((5 days late)
And they had the faintest of faint lines, it looked to me like they had slight pigmentation to them.. My partner could see them too.. But he thought they were grey
Then yesterday I tried one of those digital ones. It said 'not pregnant'
I then googled it & apparently those tests don't detect as early??
I decided to do one more this morning, a first response again, and sure enough there was that bloody line again, so faint that I don't know what to think?? I managed to take a photo but it's virtually impossible to see it.. If I can
Upload it I will..
i know I need to go to the doctor, but I'm just so impatient & want to know now..

I've been feeling pretty nauseous throughout the day, & I've been getting headaches..

I don't know what to think, has anyone else had his problem?

Can you tell the difference between a positive & a evap line??
Do evap lines appear right away or after x amount of time is up??
tHis line appeared within 3 minutes.

I just started back on the pill a month ago & I missed a few days, now I've missed my period but 3 days after I was due I had a very light bleed for a few hours, & it makes more sense that it was an implantation bleed..
I took 2 first response tests 2 days ago ((5 days late)
And they had the faintest of faint lines, it looked to me like they had slight pigmentation to them.. My partner could see them too.. But he thought they were grey
Then yesterday I tried one of those digital ones. It said 'not pregnant'
I then googled it & apparently those tests don't detect as early??
I decided to do one more this morning, a first response again, and sure enough there was that bloody line again, so faint that I don't know what to think?? I managed to take a photo but it's virtually impossible to see it.. If I can
Upload it I will..
i know I need to go to the doctor, but I'm just so impatient & want to know now..

I've been feeling pretty nauseous throughout the day, & I've been getting headaches..

I don't know what to think, has anyone else had his problem?

Can you tell the difference between a positive & a evap line??
Do evap lines appear right away or after x amount of time is up??
tHis line appeared within 3 minutes.

I hate to say it when you've just gone back on the pill but from what I know evap lines are what comes up after the specified time, i.e 10 mins after test. If it's at 3 mins I'd say you've got a positive result!
Maybe try another test?????
I'd say from first glance that the test has a positive result, although I would have thought at 5 days late other tests would be showing positive...Maybe get a blood test from the doc to test for HCG levels.
When I used 1st response and I was indeed pregnant, I have NEVER had a dark line, I get them so faint I question if they are there!!! I use the eBay ones straight after and get a much darker line.....

Perhaps go into the chemist and try another brand, I found the discover brand was always darker for me
Sounds like your pregnant to me any line even if its faint before the 10mins is a positive, its very rare to get 1 fake positive let alone 3. Your best bet now is to go to the docs for HCG bloods, tell him not to bother with a urine test because if it makes sense for you to have only just had an implantation bleed then you won't be far along and most of the docters tests and higher level tests then most that you get these days where as a blood test is much more acurate as anything over a 5 is positive. (most tests now are about 50 - 100)
Thanks guys, I have been wanting another baby for a while but we decided on waiting until after we've built a house & after I've gone to tafe for 2 years to get a degree..
But if I am oh well, I'm excited, I just don't want to get my hopes up too soon.
with my daughter the pregnancy was very faint aswell, maybe it's just me.
I'll let you know how I go smile

mine was really faint at 5 weeks as well- it was frustrating becuase like you i was so impatient to know one way or another! in the end i took more tests- all saying positive and then went to docs to confirm it again! good luck xx
I've got an appt with my doctor tomorrow, what i meant to say before was.. when i was pregnant with my daughter i took a test and it was very faint. i was only 2 weeks along. and i was a week late for my period like i am now... hopefully i can get my results tomorrow too smile

hope all goes well tommorow and you get your bfp!

I hope you're pregnant!
Goodluck for tomorrow smile
Well the test at the doctors said I wasn't pregnant, I get the results for the blood test tomorrow, my doctor said if it comes back Negative she wants to do another test in a weeks time just incase. I'll let you know how I go smile

oh... I have heard of other women getting negatives at the doctors but postives at home. Turns out that they were pregnant. I hope your blood tests bring good news!

Sign in to follow this topic