Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. When do YOU test for a BFP? and How Faint can a Positive Line be to be a Positive line be for a BFP?

When do YOU test for a BFP? and How Faint can a Positive Line be to be a Positive line be for a BFP? Rss

Ok Girls I am driving myself crazy with the 'wishful thinking' I was wondering when is the best time to test for a BFP? As mentioned earlier I have never got an early (ie before AF is due) BFP with my past pregnancies but am just wondering when does everyone else test? xx

I took a First Response today at Lunchtime and I got the faintest of second lines but no colour, I am 4 days late for AF, any thoughts?
I'd buy a different brand and test 1st thing in the morning. First Response do show evaporation lines which have no colour.

Hope you get your BFP soon smile
I tested after AF was due for DS1 but this time I tested super early - like 5 days before AF was due and I got a clear/white line (visible but bright white). Didn't know what it meant so tested again each subsequent day and it went from white to SUPER faint to darker.. yep, positive. I am now 28 weeks along. smile
I had first response I would agree with the morning pee! I peed in a plastic cup(like a party one you throw out) so you can do a cupple if you get the positive and dont belive it lol it also makes it easier to know that its 100% absorbed into the strip.with when I tested thats hard (when is comes to AF) cos I have PCOS I was 7 w 1 d I can tell you that much but my AF isnt very regular so I can go 3 monts without anything and my line was very very very pink there was no way it wasnt positiveit was so bright but yeh thats all I can think of good luck *sticky baby dust to you!*
Thanks Guys smile

It was a Bright white line, gah! its so hard to not hope smile
I just tested about 20 mins ago and got the faintest of faint lines..you really need to look closely to see it. I had a m/c on June 7th and have been waiting for AF to arrive but today have had a metallic taste in my mouth and have been sooooo hungry so I caved and tested.

The line is so faint but Im hoping that its a case of a line is a line. Am going to "try" and wait another two or so days till I test again (unless AF arrives) and will test with first morning wee.

I used first response tonight

I just tested about 20 mins ago and got the faintest of faint lines..you really need to look closely to see it. I had a m/c on June 7th and have been waiting for AF to arrive but today have had a metallic taste in my mouth and have been sooooo hungry so I caved and tested.

The line is so faint but Im hoping that its a case of a line is a line. Am going to "try" and wait another two or so days till I test again (unless AF arrives) and will test with first morning wee.

I used first response tonight

What colour is your line and is it still there now?
Its almost invisible now until I tilt the test and then it is the lightest of light pinks....not quite white but certainly hard to see. My control line is a dark as dark can be...so not going to say that its a BFP yet but here's hoping.

What about yours?

Its almost invisible now until I tilt the test and then it is the lightest of light pinks....not quite white but certainly hard to see. My control line is a dark as dark can be...so not going to say that its a BFP yet but here's hoping.

What about yours?

Mine was deffinately a Bright white and has now disapered sad

Mine was deffinately a Bright white and has now disapered sad

I really hate to say this(as I know how hard it is to keep trying I tried over 2 years) but it sounds like an evaporation line to if there was no pink I still have my test(I tested may 18th of may) and its still bright as bright can be wait a few days and test again good luck tho I know its hard but it will happen(I know its annoying to hear that I wanted to slap every person who told me it will happen one day and it will be your time soon)
*sticky baby dust to you all*

I really hate to say this(as I know how hard it is to keep trying I tried over 2 years) but it sounds like an evaporation line to if there was no pink I still have my test(I tested may 18th) and its still bright as bright can be wait a few days and test again good luck tho I know its hard but it will happen(I know its annoying to hear that I wanted to slap every person who told me it will happen one day and it will be your time soon)
*sticky baby dust to you all*

I thought it was too good to be true sad
Well I suppose I keep trying smile

I thought it was too good to be true sad
Well I suppose I keep trying smile

Im realy sorry I feel like a bitch cos I know how hard it is going ever month hoping its your month but as I said give it a few days try again with ur morning pee and hopfuly you will hav ur bundle soon neva give up
Sign in to follow this topic