Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

help! confused... Lock Rss

So.... this morning i decided to take another pregnancy test to see if the line was any darker, I didnt use the fmu as I went during the night a couple of times and drank alot of water... but this morning i tested and I got only 1 line.

I am sad, confused and wondering why the heck i got a line very faint enough to see it on sunday but not today???

Help what do i do.

xxxx
hugs for you!

i know it's sad, it happened to me too, i got a feint blue line but by the time i could get to the doctor to confirm it had gone away sad
it's sad but hopefully you'll be getting 2 blue lines very soon!
*Big hugs*

I had this happen in Jan, I took 3 tests with faint positives within 1-2 weeks... went and got bloods done a few days after the last blood test and by the time I did it had gone...

I hope you get 2 lines soon

Thanks girls, but however I am still convinced Im pregnant. Honestly, it feels like it. I have all the symptoms too!
Should i wait a week then get bloods done??
This happened to me just over a year ago. Really faint positive and then the next day there was nothing. Got negatives from then on until the next period which was two weeks late.
It is so heartbreaking!

Could be that your urine was diluted as you had drank heaps of water and not used fmu. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

You could always go and have a blood test done to find out for sure what is happening.
Hi, this has happened to me before a few years ago.

The doc explained that if you ovulate late in your cycle and take a preg test only a few days after ovulation you actually can get a false positive result easily as the hormones for ovulation and pregnancy are so similar they can be mis interpreted and that i wasnt pregnant but only just ovulated. Hope that this is not the case for you, but it might help explain it if it is.
Hi Nina,

I've had that happen to me twice too. I tested a few days before my periods were due. Got the faint lines for a few days, then disappeared. AF then arrived. Dr told me they were chemical pregnancies. He said that they are very, very common and them most women don't even realise they've had them. More and more people are testing early (before missed periods) so they are getting noticed more.

Each month I'm determined not to test early but I give in each time. For me (@37 years of age) I want to know that at least I am still ovulating and able to conceive, even if the pregnancies don't continue on. My dr HATES the early pregnancy tests.

When you tested, did the second line have any colour in it at all? If there is no colour, then the line was most likely and evaporation line.

The other thing I was thinking was, perhaps there was still a little bit of the hormones from your previous pregnancy in your system? When I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks, I still noticed the second line when testing, but got fainter as the time went on until it was gone.

The other thing I would suggest for next time, is to buy the digital clearblue tests that say pregnant or not pregnant. It takes the guess work out of that faint second line. Expensive though.

Or, it could be that you drank lots of water and has diluted your result. Try again in a couple of days.

I wish you all the very best Nina. I'm sure your baby will come along soon.

Hugs.

Hi Nina,

I've had that happen to me twice too. I tested a few days before my periods were due. Got the faint lines for a few days, then disappeared. AF then arrived. Dr told me they were chemical pregnancies. He said that they are very, very common and them most women don't even realise they've had them. More and more people are testing early (before missed periods) so they are getting noticed more.

Each month I'm determined not to test early but I give in each time. For me (@37 years of age) I want to know that at least I am still ovulating and able to conceive, even if the pregnancies don't continue on. My dr HATES the early pregnancy tests.

When you tested, did the second line have any colour in it at all? If there is no colour, then the line was most likely and evaporation line.

The other thing I was thinking was, perhaps there was still a little bit of the hormones from your previous pregnancy in your system? When I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks, I still noticed the second line when testing, but got fainter as the time went on until it was gone.

The other thing I would suggest for next time, is to buy the digital clearblue tests that say pregnant or not pregnant. It takes the guess work out of that faint second line. Expensive though.

Or, it could be that you drank lots of water and has diluted your result. Try again in a couple of days.

I wish you all the very best Nina. I'm sure your baby will come along soon.

Hugs.

Thanks so much for such an informative answer!!!
First of all, i already had my hcg levels down to 0 so theres no way i could of had any pregnancy hormone left...they did this to make sure that i had none in my system.
The second line was a very very light pink. Not white.
And when i tested that morning I had been so dehydtrated which is my theory of why it showed up.
This morning i drank a fair bit of water before testing only because i was so thirsty.
So i've booked myself in to see my gp, I cant wait any longer.
I still have that pregnancy test and I can still see that second line.
I am so confused.

Also, i have heaps of pregnancy symptoms and i have (sorry for tmi) creamy white discharge which i had last time.
I hope i am !! But if not , ill keep trying xx

Thanks again!
good luck Nina smile have u tried doing any more tests? were both the tests the same brand? Hope it was just a defective test smile

Good luck Nina grin
Hope you are and am crossing my fingers for you grin

Thanks for your help everyone, fingers crossed that its still positive and I am pregnant. Just incase, i am taking my pregnancy vitamins.
I am curious that I havent got my period yet and the drs said i would once my levels are below 5 and they were below 5 13 days ago!!

Im going to get my bloods done this arvo.

Wish me luck, ill keep you posted.. x
Tyr taking the test that has the little screen on it and it says pregnant not just the usual 2 lines.

I used these ones they are good you dont have to second guess yourself. It will either say pregnant and how many weeks eith 1-2 2-3 or 3+ or it was say not pregnant!
Sign in to follow this topic