Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. conceived on clomid and metformin together?

conceived on clomid and metformin together? Lock Rss

Hello ladies,

My partner and I have being trying to conceive since November last year. I suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and have done since i was 14 years old. i have just turned 19.

I have to take Provera to have a period, as my body does not give me periods naturally. My doctor and told me to try both Clomid 50mg and Metformin 500mg together.

Have you or know of anyone that conceived like this? How long did it take?
Please help. i need all the information i can get.

Thanks smile
Hi there, I am on my first month of trying clomid and metformin. I have been on metformin for 6 months and haven't had any luck. I'm on cycle day 11 now so just waiting to ov. My cycles can be anywhere from 40 to 80+ days. So looking forward to see if this works. Good luck

Hi there, I am on my first month of trying clomid and metformin. I have been on metformin for 6 months and haven't had any luck. I'm on cycle day 11 now so just waiting to ov. My cycles can be anywhere from 40 to 80+ days. So looking forward to see if this works. Good luck

Thank you. best of luck for you! Keep me posted!
Metformin is a drug for diabetes! How on earth does that work?!

because of my health- pcos... it will help me conceive. i just wanted to know if anyone on here has used it before for that reason?
Hi

I was on metformin alone to help with PCOS for nearly 12 months. It did nothing to help and mainly made me feel tired.

I was put on clomid and conceived first go, I was lucky though as I was ovulating by myself although my cycles were too long and eggs not much good by the time I released them. I am now 34weeks in to my prgnancy an although they say that clomid conception can have side effects I haven't had any problems. I went off metformin as soon as I found out I was pregnant and to be honest I don't think it had anything to do with it. I was also on the minimum testing dose of clomid for 3 days (days 2-5).

Hope that helps. Goodluck!
Tried for over a year and a half with long times between periods and being told to try and lose weight etc before being diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year and was put onto Metformin and Clomid - due to work schedules with DH away couldnt try the Clomid on the first period cycle but managed to organise ourselves for the second period cycle and first lot of Clomid I conceived!! Am 22 weeks pregnant now, and absolutely no problems! (not even any morning sickness). Im 28 years old, periods were always normal as a teenager but were irregular after I stopped the pill about 3 years ago. Its depressing when you decide you want a baby and it doesnt happen straight away but hang in there! smile
Hi im on Clomid and Metmorfin as well im on 150mg of clomid just finished my 2nd month on clomid. i'm on cd10 now so just bd... and hoping for the best. I should also tell you im 43yrs old. Metmorfin is a drug used for diabetes but the two drugs together work very well together. Metmorfin prevents you from miscarriage and allows better blood flow its more for insulin.. im no doctor but that's what my doctor told me. and I also have another friend on the same thing as well. Plus I have regular cycle and I also ovulate on my own but clomid is there to help me produce bettter quality eggs. hope that helps.
Hi,

I was treated with Metformin for about 12 months prior to conceiving my now 20month old DD. After TTC for years we started Clomid and after 5 months it finally happened. My Dr had me continue with the Metformin until 12weeks gest.

I am now back on the Metformin with plans to TTC no 2 later this year.

If you want some really good information and support check out www.posaa.asn.au. Some really good inormation on there.

As far as Metformin being a diabetis drug, it is also prescribed to PCOS sufferers with insulin resistance (not all PCO have this). My understanding is that with insulin resistance the body doesn't utilise the insulin the body produces properly, so the Metformin assists. That is also why they recommend a low GI diet.

Best of luck. xx

PCOS hasn't got a single know cause, that's why it's called a syndrome. When a woman has PCOS her body doesn't release hormones in the right quantities at the right time. This can lead to insulin levels fluctuating. Metformin helps to regulate the insulin and in turn hormone levels. It's often offered to women as a first option when they are diagnosed and working up to other medications etc. At least that's how my doc explained it to me and I was lucky that it helped me. grin

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

First of all, Thank you all for replying. its great hearing the different stories.
Secondly, congratulations on the pregnancies.

I know im only 19 years old but for my partner and I having a baby would mean the world to us. We feel like we have been trying for so long and it just seems like nothing it happening. I really hope clomid and metformin will help me!
Sorry for bump. This can give a bit of hope. My sister was on both Clomid and Metformin and she is now 10 weeks preggers. I was on Clomid as well (but no Metfrormin) and I am also pregnant. I've got Clomid and Metformin from http://getreliableonline.net/go/Clomid+Metformin smile with coupon code "GET10"
Sign in to follow this topic