Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF Questions Lock Rss

Thanks for that. I believe they will put the egg/s back next Saturday 29th. I am due for harvest next Wednesday 26th. It sounds like a lot of people have succes from their first transfer. Gives me a lot of hope hearing that.

I will definately keep you posted. smile

Jenny

I had 1 embryo transfered for the first four times and then the next 2 times i had 2 transfered. My clinic only did it because i had already had 4 previous transfers. I fell preg on the 2 transfer with my DS which is 2yrs old next week. Having 2 transfers increase your chances of twins but doesn't always happen. We will be starting again next yr. Oh and my son is a happy and healthy little boy no problems. Wishing you the best of luck and hope you have a bun in the oven soon
Wow. Really successful for you. 26 eggs is a huge number. I am sure I won't get any where near that many - I am sure that the hyperstimulation was not a pleasant experience though.

I hope your new baby sticks. I also hope I am as lucky as you. I just want one more. Its not that much to ask. The next few days will be all over the place I am sure but, who know, this time next week I could be pregnant. Thats pretty amazing.

Please let me know how you go. All my fingers are crossed for you.

Jenny

Hi, by the read of it, it sounds like you are getting very good and positive feed back..which is great. I gave 26 eggs (I got that 2% chance of hyperstimulation) so had to wait for another natural cycle before I could have my first transfer, out of the 26 eggs, 6 embryos were fertilised. We made a decision to only put 1 back at a time due to the % rate of success & together with the risks that come with multiple births, so in the end, the odds were better with 1. Our clinic's process is to freeze 2 embryos per straw and they thaw both at the time of transfer. only 1 embryo survived for the first thaw and we were very blessed as we have our nearly 4yr old son. We then tried for our 2nd and same thing happened, 2 were frozen in the same straw, 1 died and the other was transfered and we have just celebrated his 2nd birthday, both our boys are above average in their growth and show no signs of learning difficulties. 9 days ago the clinic thawed our last straw and out of the 2 embryos, 1 died and we transfered the last one. So I am currently awaiting our result. I have a 24 day cycle and day 24 is tomorrow, and i have spotting today, so I'm trying my hardest to keep my chin up and be positive, but its hard and it's emotional, but I believe if you own your feelings and speak them out, you then get a choice what you do with them. my feelings are the only thing I have control of in this situation. So my prayers and hopes are with you as you do your part to realise your dreams.
Wow. Really successful for you. 26 eggs is a huge number. I am sure I won't get any where near that many - I am sure that the hyperstimulation was not a pleasant experience though.

I hope your new baby sticks. I also hope I am as lucky as you. I just want one more. Its not that much to ask. The next few days will be all over the place I am sure but, who know, this time next week I could be pregnant. Thats pretty amazing.

Please let me know how you go. All my fingers are crossed for you.

Jenny

Hi, by the read of it, it sounds like you are getting very good and positive feed back..which is great. I gave 26 eggs (I got that 2% chance of hyperstimulation) so had to wait for another natural cycle before I could have my first transfer, out of the 26 eggs, 6 embryos were fertilised. We made a decision to only put 1 back at a time due to the % rate of success & together with the risks that come with multiple births, so in the end, the odds were better with 1. Our clinic's process is to freeze 2 embryos per straw and they thaw both at the time of transfer. only 1 embryo survived for the first thaw and we were very blessed as we have our nearly 4yr old son. We then tried for our 2nd and same thing happened, 2 were frozen in the same straw, 1 died and the other was transfered and we have just celebrated his 2nd birthday, both our boys are above average in their growth and show no signs of learning difficulties. 9 days ago the clinic thawed our last straw and out of the 2 embryos, 1 died and we transfered the last one. So I am currently awaiting our result. I have a 24 day cycle and day 24 is tomorrow, and i have spotting today, so I'm trying my hardest to keep my chin up and be positive, but its hard and it's emotional, but I believe if you own your feelings and speak them out, you then get a choice what you do with them. my feelings are the only thing I have control of in this situation. So my prayers and hopes are with you as you do your part to realise your dreams.
Nine is a huge number. And congrats on being pregnant. Great news for you. Thank you for sharing your story. Everyone has been so generous and supportive. Its made a huge difference to me.

I am very grateful

Jenny

Hi Jenny,
Best of luck for Wednesday. I'm currently almost 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby. This was our second IVF cycle. Our first cycle was unsuccessful and we had 2 frozen embryos that we had planned for transfer but neither survived the 'defrost' (but apparently that is quite uncommon). Our second IVF cycle was a great success. Not only am I currenly pregnant but we also ended up with 9 frozen embryos!! Our clinic will only transfer 1 embryo at a time unless you have exceptional circumstances. I also used acupuncture with my second cycle and found that it helped a lot (I know not everyone agrees but I think it made a massive difference in my second cycle, not only for physical but emotional side effects).
After not having a sucessful first cyle, my advice is just to stay positive and don't give up hope!
Hi.

I keep wondering how you are going. Im hoping that you will check back here and give me an update.

Hope you are ok and that you will have good news.

Jenny

Hi Jenny

I have just finished my first IVF cycle and now into my TWW. It has been a long ride, but I remained very relaxed and just took everything it through at me and rolled with it, I handled the drugs very well with very little side effects, Finally got to pick up day and got 15 follicles I was over the moon to be told only 6 fertilized. I was very surprised it was going to be such a low rate, Then got a phone call on day 3 to say that 4 off the eggs had a bacterial infection which i am still waiting for the results to see what it was and that I only had 2 eggs left 1 was a grade 5 and 1 was a grade 4, I kept thinking don't worry they only need 1 keep your head together, so i had another 2 day wait to get to day 5 to see if the embroys would be any good for day transfer, made it to transfer day yesterday and both eggs had dropped a grade and therefore I had both embroys put back in because they were not suitable for freezing,So it is not looking very positive for my first cycle but I will still continue to be hopeful.

All i can say is I don't think anything runs to plan and try to not over think everything it will do your head in.

If you need any advice i am happy to help

Aleesha
Todays update

Went to the FC today and everything with my IVF is progressing nicely so I am really pleased. They are going to take the eggs on Friday so I have a few more days for my folicles to develop. Looks like we may get as many as 13 by then.

I am a bit tired today, but I am sure that is normal. Looking forward to getting to the end now.

Hope everyone else is doing well also.

Jenny
Hi Jenny

Nothing to report I have to wait until next Monday for bloods, I am not holding my breath for a great outcome i got the results back from pathology and I do have a yeast infection which possible will effect the embroys.

But in saying that it may have been a blessing as this may be why I have been having so much trouble TTC, I guess only time will tell.

Good luck for friday, are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer. it is good to get to the end buti think the TWW is worse than the needles and appointments.

Best of luck

Aleesha
Hi,

I am pretty sure it is a three day transfer. They haven't really talked about that much but they did say they want to put them back before they divide past eight cells.

They also said my lining is excellent - already 12.5mm and I still have 4 days to go so I am really happy about that. I think the lining is half the battle.

Test came back yesterday and my E2 is 4090 which explains why I keep biting everyones heads off. Its a fun journey. lol

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Nothing to report I have to wait until next Monday for bloods, I am not holding my breath for a great outcome i got the results back from pathology and I do have a yeast infection which possible will effect the embroys.

But in saying that it may have been a blessing as this may be why I have been having so much trouble TTC, I guess only time will tell.

Good luck for friday, are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer. it is good to get to the end buti think the TWW is worse than the needles and appointments.

Best of luck

Aleesha
hi ladies .. just thought I would jump in because this seemed i suppose the most appropriate thread and some of the answers in here have me wanting others experiences. I too am on the first ivf cycle and had 1 embryo reimplantated on the 17th of oct. Edging towards the end of the dreaded (and yes i make no niceties about how dreaded it is coz it feels like a million weeks and you can't find enough to do) 2ww. Blood test is on monday. Can you tell me if any of you expereienced any implantation bleeding in that two week wait. had an odd colored minor blod spotting today. Am currently using utrogestan pessaries 3 x aday. sorry to hijack this but the ladies here seem to know what thier talking about.
Hi

Really glad that you are here smile I am sorry that I don't have the answers you need as I am tracking behind you. Having said that the spotting may be caused from the operation. I hope thats true and that you have a positive result on Monday.

My embryos (fingers crossed) will be going back in on Monday so its a big day for both of us.

Good luck with everything and welcome

Jenny

hi ladies .. just thought I would jump in because this seemed i suppose the most appropriate thread and some of the answers in here have me wanting others experiences. I too am on the first ivf cycle and had 1 embryo reimplantated on the 17th of oct. Edging towards the end of the dreaded (and yes i make no niceties about how dreaded it is coz it feels like a million weeks and you can't find enough to do) 2ww. Blood test is on monday. Can you tell me if any of you expereienced any implantation bleeding in that two week wait. had an odd colored minor blod spotting today. Am currently using utrogestan pessaries 3 x aday. sorry to hijack this but the ladies here seem to know what thier talking about.
Thank you Jenny. Nerves have been so frayed about it all. So nice to read peoples experience and know its " normal " (if that is the correct word.) Ended last nite with ringing the onduty fertility clinic nurse and she said it could be anything and the real answer will be monday. Jenny GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF BABY DUST YOUR WAY. When i had egg collection on the friday before last i didn't even know it was over as the room was a bundle of busy - ness and was soooooo far focused on what was happening by that stage the doc said all done lol was quite surprised. And the people in the room made it feel like there was just so much love in the room and the energy in there was soooo positive. I was lucky enough to have the people i had been dealing with with me. The doc himself and scientist were about the only person I had not previously met but really liked them instantly. This helped me relax too prior to the sedation as well. Being calm was a major part in the whole process.
Hi Tands

I bet Monday can't come quick enough for you. I hope you have good news.

Well I feel like I have been run over by a truck today. They took my eggs under a general and I had a mild fluid complication that meant they had to put a tube down my throat so I could breath. Hence my throat is really soar.

On the positive side though they retrieved 9 eggs so I am really happy with that.. especially seeing as it was a short cycle.

Now the anxious wait today to see how many embryos I end up with. Go team sperm. I hope it is good news. Everything has been working in my favour so far so fingers crossed.

I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Only two more waiting days to go. smile

Thank you Jenny. Nerves have been so frayed about it all. So nice to read peoples experience and know its " normal " (if that is the correct word.) Ended last nite with ringing the onduty fertility clinic nurse and she said it could be anything and the real answer will be monday. Jenny GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF BABY DUST YOUR WAY. When i had egg collection on the friday before last i didn't even know it was over as the room was a bundle of busy - ness and was soooooo far focused on what was happening by that stage the doc said all done lol was quite surprised. And the people in the room made it feel like there was just so much love in the room and the energy in there was soooo positive. I was lucky enough to have the people i had been dealing with with me. The doc himself and scientist were about the only person I had not previously met but really liked them instantly. This helped me relax too prior to the sedation as well. Being calm was a major part in the whole process.
Sign in to follow this topic