Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF Questions Lock Rss

Hi Tands

I bet Monday can't come quick enough for you. I hope you have good news.

Well I feel like I have been run over by a truck today. They took my eggs under a general and I had a mild fluid complication that meant they had to put a tube down my throat so I could breath. Hence my throat is really soar.

On the positive side though they retrieved 9 eggs so I am really happy with that.. especially seeing as it was a short cycle.

Now the anxious wait today to see how many embryos I end up with. Go team sperm. I hope it is good news. Everything has been working in my favour so far so fingers crossed.

I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Only two more waiting days to go. smile

Hi Jen. Due to my emotional state on thurs nite over a massive bleed they had to send me 3 days early to do the bloods - so it was done fri instead of mondy.. Now long version goes 3 hpts have all come back Negative BUT the blood test is apparently POSITIVE. Apparently hcg is low but where its supposed to be for the day the test was taken. I have to go back monday for another test and am so hoping hcg has risen. I was so rapt fri. p.s let us know how many fertilised *baby dust everywhere*
Wow wow. So reading between the lines its all looking good for you. I am so excited. I hope it stays positive. Did they know what caused the bleed?

I am a little down today even though I know I should be up. Think I might just be having a downer after so much going on.. and I have tried to stay positive all the way through so that I would get good results. Mad I know, but it felt like the right thing to do. Think I am just sick of being away from home and I am pretty stiff and tired after the op yesterday.

On a positive note though.. I got 6 embryos from my 9 eggs so I am thrilled. I will put one back on Monday and freeze the other 5. Apparently they are all good but he didn't elaborate on the grade.

So I am just waiting around until Monday arrives Ho Hum.

I do have a question if you don't mind. What did you do after they put the embryo back in? Did you lay down for hours or just go on with your normal day?

Jenny

Hi Jen. Due to my emotional state on thurs nite over a massive bleed they had to send me 3 days early to do the bloods - so it was done fri instead of mondy.. Now long version goes 3 hpts have all come back Negative BUT the blood test is apparently POSITIVE. Apparently hcg is low but where its supposed to be for the day the test was taken. I have to go back monday for another test and am so hoping hcg has risen. I was so rapt fri. p.s let us know how many fertilised *baby dust everywhere*
Alike you I was down after my collection too and part of that I put down to basically your at the end of what has been a HELL road. Your nerves are so far shot its not funny at this stage.
But what i did immediately after transfer was lie down for a bit. I was still exhausted anyway. I was advised i could go on with life as normal as i was ready but you will get instructions from your ivf crew. Follow them
as each crew is different to another.

NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW the dreaded 2ww suggestions from me PEN AND PAPER. starting point it is two weeks but feels like a million years coz you've gone from being focused on time, injecting yourself, monitoring your body
to suddenly the good old NOTHING .. its SUX i say that loud again IT SUX i make no bones about it being awful.

Taking in to account what your doc etc says after your reimplant ... cheCK YOUR HOUSE U PROBABLY HAVE A MIllion jobs you never noticed before. Your suddenly gonna notice them to pass time and yes its that case of weekend go back to sleep for 5 mins and 2 hours later week day your bored go to sleep for 5 and 1 mins gone type thing lol.
I also think using the dreaded R---x word is the worst thing the people supporting you and closest to you can do and they do do it. . They will do it with the best intention but I recommend speaking to them prior to implant . State something along the lines of I have been told i have to relax .. having people tell me to do it wiil make me uptight, anxious etc. Please do not use those words . In my case i got badly wound up the moment people told me I should relax chilax etc. coz it had me focusing on it so i could not do it properly.
Remember these are my experiences but hopefully it can help you in the next 2wks. I will be in and out of here alot will keep on this thread to help you through as you go.hell tell me your story as it goes about how putting the water in the pot passed thirty seconds if thats what ya wanna do to pass 45secs more lol seriously though if telling me a dumb mundane job seemed amusing helps you your more than welcome to tell me about it as this two weeks is gonna be hard and I want to be able to use my IVF experience to help someone else.
oh and no. They don't know why im bleeding but said there is nothing they can do about it. ITs wierd coz it is nothing like my period bleeding and im not cramping which is a good sign too. but they say some woman do get bleeding in the first trimester. i have none of my usual period signs that I usually get and by day 3 (which today woudl be for me if it was my period i would be downing Neurofen like a pro which I usually do when I have my period. Just one of those unlucky ones who still bleeds when thier preg i guess. But mondays gonna be interesting. Im surprisingly calm at the moment but will not be convinced till I get the monday results. At that im actually probably gonna ask to view them for proof. lol
Thanks for that Tands. Very comprehensive. My dilema is that I have a 4 hour drive to get back home and my mother is suggesting that I should stay in Perth for another night so that my embryo has time to settle. I think she is probably right. She also said that it would be stupid to go through this whole process and not give yourself some time at the end... also sounds like good advice.

With regards to the TWW. I am very lucky because I am a full time student and I have to sit a test in 2 weeks so I need to study. Should be sufficiently annoying to keep my brain occupied... hopefully.

Thanks for all your help. I am really relieved that I found someone I can talk to about this.

I have rested a bit this afternoon so hopefully I won't be so achie tomorrow.

Talk soon
Jenny

Alike you I was down after my collection too and part of that I put down to basically your at the end of what has been a HELL road. Your nerves are so far shot its not funny at this stage.
But what i did immediately after transfer was lie down for a bit. I was still exhausted anyway. I was advised i could go on with life as normal as i was ready but you will get instructions from your ivf crew. Follow them
as each crew is different to another.

NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW the dreaded 2ww suggestions from me PEN AND PAPER. starting point it is two weeks but feels like a million years coz you've gone from being focused on time, injecting yourself, monitoring your body
to suddenly the good old NOTHING .. its SUX i say that loud again IT SUX i make no bones about it being awful.

Taking in to account what your doc etc says after your reimplant ... cheCK YOUR HOUSE U PROBABLY HAVE A MIllion jobs you never noticed before. Your suddenly gonna notice them to pass time and yes its that case of weekend go back to sleep for 5 mins and 2 hours later week day your bored go to sleep for 5 and 1 mins gone type thing lol.
I also think using the dreaded R---x word is the worst thing the people supporting you and closest to you can do and they do do it. . They will do it with the best intention but I recommend speaking to them prior to implant . State something along the lines of I have been told i have to relax .. having people tell me to do it wiil make me uptight, anxious etc. Please do not use those words . In my case i got badly wound up the moment people told me I should relax chilax etc. coz it had me focusing on it so i could not do it properly.
Remember these are my experiences but hopefully it can help you in the next 2wks. I will be in and out of here alot will keep on this thread to help you through as you go.hell tell me your story as it goes about how putting the water in the pot passed thirty seconds if thats what ya wanna do to pass 45secs more lol seriously though if telling me a dumb mundane job seemed amusing helps you your more than welcome to tell me about it as this two weeks is gonna be hard and I want to be able to use my IVF experience to help someone else.
Hi Jenny,

I've been through IVF too, it's a tough process, but worth every second if you get the result you want smile

We were very lucky and got pregnant first go! Our little one is now 10 months and she is amazing! Like pp was saying, she was the first in my mum's group to crawl, stand, cruise, I'd say she'll be walking soon enough. She is a real bundle of energy and inquisitiveness, can say mama, dada and many other sounds and has started signing for things like milk and certain toys (that all sounds very boastful, but it's more to say she's not disadvantaged in her development at all)

I responded well to the drugs and they harvested 11 eggs, no sign of hyper stimulation. Only three of my eggs fertilised and I was very disappointed (silly really, you only need one!)We had to use ICSI. They transferred one embryo (day 3), the other two were frozen.

About a week or so past transfer I began getting very bloated, my stomach was very painful, I put on 6kg in 4 days and my stomach grew about 15cm. The pain was excruciating. I rang the hospital, they said it sounded like I was hyperstimulated and to come in. (as painful as it was, it was a good sign that I was pregnant). I had a preg test in emergency which was a faint positive, I also fainted in emergency when they put the IV drip in, lol.
I spent 4 days in hospital on a drip, being re-hydrated and waiting for everything to go down. My last day in hospital I got another positive blood test. Yay!

At 6 weeks they had me come in for an ultrasound (standard procedure at my clinic). They couldn't find a heart-beat... I was devastated. They sent me home and told me to come back in a week. Four days later I started spotting. I rang the hospital, they said come back in for another ultrasound... There was the heartbeat! And it was strong. They then said that 6 weeks was quite early to find a heartbeat and that their machine was quite old. Grrrr... They couldn't explain the spotting and it continued on and off for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy. Every time it started again I'd go back to the hospital for another check-up, convinced I was going to lose the baby. Every time the heart beat was still there and going strong.

Once I got past that first trimester everything improved and I loved being pregnant. Once I felt her moving I was so happy, because then I knew she was there and o.k.

I guess I just wanted to add my story, because I did have a lot of things go wrong, but the out come was better than I ever could have hoped for. There's always hope!

We could not imagine our lives with out this amazing little person. She is a blessing. Good luck on your journey, I hope it's a successful one for you smile
definitely would not recommend a 4 hour drive would definitely say a night in the city where transfer is is probably not abad idea. trips tend to be stress ful without it and your too early to be adding stress if it all goes well.
Thanks for sharing your story. You gave me lots of hope. Tomorrows the day for me. I am a little bit nervous but very excited too.

Are you trying for another one?

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I've been through IVF too, it's a tough process, but worth every second if you get the result you want smile

We were very lucky and got pregnant first go! Our little one is now 10 months and she is amazing! Like pp was saying, she was the first in my mum's group to crawl, stand, cruise, I'd say she'll be walking soon enough. She is a real bundle of energy and inquisitiveness, can say mama, dada and many other sounds and has started signing for things like milk and certain toys (that all sounds very boastful, but it's more to say she's not disadvantaged in her development at all)

I responded well to the drugs and they harvested 11 eggs, no sign of hyper stimulation. Only three of my eggs fertilised and I was very disappointed (silly really, you only need one!)We had to use ICSI. They transferred one embryo (day 3), the other two were frozen.

About a week or so past transfer I began getting very bloated, my stomach was very painful, I put on 6kg in 4 days and my stomach grew about 15cm. The pain was excruciating. I rang the hospital, they said it sounded like I was hyperstimulated and to come in. (as painful as it was, it was a good sign that I was pregnant). I had a preg test in emergency which was a faint positive, I also fainted in emergency when they put the IV drip in, lol.
I spent 4 days in hospital on a drip, being re-hydrated and waiting for everything to go down. My last day in hospital I got another positive blood test. Yay!

At 6 weeks they had me come in for an ultrasound (standard procedure at my clinic). They couldn't find a heart-beat... I was devastated. They sent me home and told me to come back in a week. Four days later I started spotting. I rang the hospital, they said come back in for another ultrasound... There was the heartbeat! And it was strong. They then said that 6 weeks was quite early to find a heartbeat and that their machine was quite old. Grrrr... They couldn't explain the spotting and it continued on and off for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy. Every time it started again I'd go back to the hospital for another check-up, convinced I was going to lose the baby. Every time the heart beat was still there and going strong.

Once I got past that first trimester everything improved and I loved being pregnant. Once I felt her moving I was so happy, because then I knew she was there and o.k.

I guess I just wanted to add my story, because I did have a lot of things go wrong, but the out come was better than I ever could have hoped for. There's always hope!

We could not imagine our lives with out this amazing little person. She is a blessing. Good luck on your journey, I hope it's a successful one for you smile
I agree. I will stay another night and just veg out tomorrow. cool

definitely would not recommend a 4 hour drive would definitely say a night in the city where transfer is is probably not abad idea. trips tend to be stress ful without it and your too early to be adding stress if it all goes well.

Thanks for sharing your story. You gave me lots of hope. Tomorrows the day for me. I am a little bit nervous but very excited too.

Are you trying for another one?

Jenny

I really hope it goes well for you smile
I would like to try for another early next year, I'll have to see what happens, as I'm still breastfeeding and as yet have had no periods. I don't really know if I would wean her just to get them back, so I'll have to see if they make an appearance on their own in the next 6 months or so- I imagine they will. smile

In the meantime, no contraception and fingers crossed, lol.

Good luck for your transfer, it's probably the easiest bit smile Take it easy.
good luck Jen.
Thanks for all your support. Just counting down the hours now. Stupid really. I know I need to stay relaxed.

With regard to breastfeeding. I fed Sarah until she was three. I know it sounds like a long time but it felt like the right thing to do. My AF returned for no reason at all. I think Sarah was one. Guess things go back to normal when they are ready. Certainly did miss them when they were gone.

Plenty of time... I think breastfeeding for as long as you can is so important. Another baby can come later.

Jenny
Sign in to follow this topic