Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. After 2 and a half years of TTC....

After 2 and a half years of TTC.... Lock Rss

I got a BFP!!!!!

I had to have a natural cycle after my first round of Clomid due to taking antibiotics at the time. On cycle day 39 I took a POAS test and it was negative. I thought I had failed and started taking Provera to start my period as it had not come yet (doctors orders were to start provera on CD 36 but I waited a few extra days just in case).

Its been a week since my last Provera tablet and still no period. On a whim I took a cheapie preg test and it is BFP!!!

Its not even faint, you can see it at arms length away. It isnt as dark as the control line but still there!

I am still in shock I cant believe it. I told hubby and texted him the photo of the test. I could be anywhere from 4-8 weeks pregnant as I am currently on CD 56. So off to the doctors I go. Fingers crossed its sticky!

I have had really bad cramping for days (possible UTI) and sore boobs for weeks (I put it down to the provera). Oh also I did feel nauseous 2 weeks ago but also put it down to the provera.

Yes it can happen after 2.5 years. Just keep trying ladies! I thought I would never write this post, but here I am, up the duff.

Congratulations!!! grin

I got a BFP!!!!!

I had to have a natural cycle after my first round of Clomid due to taking antibiotics at the time. On cycle day 39 I took a POAS test and it was negative. I thought I had failed and started taking Provera to start my period as it had not come yet (doctors orders were to start provera on CD 36 but I waited a few extra days just in case).

Its been a week since my last Provera tablet and still no period. On a whim I took a cheapie preg test and it is BFP!!!

Its not even faint, you can see it at arms length away. It isnt as dark as the control line but still there!

I am still in shock I cant believe it. I told hubby and texted him the photo of the test. I could be anywhere from 4-8 weeks pregnant as I am currently on CD 56. So off to the doctors I go. Fingers crossed its sticky!

I have had really bad cramping for days (possible UTI) and sore boobs for weeks (I put it down to the provera). Oh also I did feel nauseous 2 weeks ago but also put it down to the provera.

Yes it can happen after 2.5 years. Just keep trying ladies! I thought I would never write this post, but here I am, up the duff.

A huge CONGRATS loveheart!!! Wishing u a happy healthy 9 months Xxxx
congratulations! smile That is fantastic news!

OMG a huge congrats it must feel wonderful after soo long wishing you all the best for your pregnancy

Thank you all. I still dont believe it. I must be dreaming.

Oh wow congrats smile

Thank you all. I still dont believe it. I must be dreaming.

I know that feeling, it took 4yrs to conceive DS (naturally) I just about passed out when I did the test & when I called DH I was crying & I think he thought something bad had happened as I couldn't talk smile DS is now 19mths old.

Sending you heaps of sticky baby vibes
Xxxx
congratulations!!!!!! im so happy for you - it gives us other long term TTCers more hope to see such wonderful news!!!
What fantastic news!!! I hope you have a great pregnancy smile
Wow! What an amazing story smile
I don't know how you have managed to hang in there for so long and keep trying! You've given me hope on a day when I feel like there's no hope for me.
Wishing you all the best for a happy, healthy pregnancy smile

Congratulations loveheart. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy.

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

Sign in to follow this topic