Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

4 days late, two negative tests Lock Rss

I am new here so unsure of your lingo so will just use normal words:

Hubby and I trying to conceive now for a little 2 months, I am 4 days late and feel a little off.
Two home pregnancy tests have given negative results but I have never been late before.
Could it be cycle adjusting to going off the pill or a little person in there? Please any advice or stories regarding effectiveness of home tests.
Ur levels may not be high enough, ive had a friend who only had a blood test give positve results... The pill stuffed with my cycle but that was only the first month... Maybe give it aother few days or book into the dr?
HPT's wouldnt show up for me until i was 7-14 days overdue between my three pregnancies. So there be a change that your pregnant. I would just wait a few more days and try another test.
i agree your levels may not be high enough to register yet. with all 3 of mine i didnt show a positive result until about 1 week late, at which time i was 4-5 weeks each time. but thats just me, id had periods come a little late before.
so id wait until your about 1 week late and test again..if your still concerned if its negative again id go see your Dr in case its something else..if its positive well congrats in that case wink
Again as the ladies have stated, you could be testing too early. Or it could very well be ur cycle readjusting itself from coming off the pill. I went off the pill in Sept and it took 2mths for it to readjust, and the same as you, i was never late. But in saying that AF reappeared this month... Hopefully you've just tested too early though, just remember though that it may take some time for your body to get back into the swing of things!! Good Luck smile

Andokate-I am in the same position and just wanted to know how you've been? Did AF eventually arrive or are you still waiting for a BFP??

xx
Update: now 8 days late and still no AF took a blood test on Friday so I guess that is a definitive BFN starting to stress that it could be a health issue. Anyone know what other reasons to be so late?? X
Hello there, it is very common for periods to be all over the place when coming off the pill. I went off the pill back in March this year and it took me 7 weeks to get my first real period after stopping. The following cycle took 6 weeks and then fell pregnant the cycle after that. So your body could still just be adjusting itself. Try another test in a few days or so, you could of just ovulated later and could be pregnant smile Best of luck, keep us updated.

Update: now 8 days late and still no AF took a blood test on Friday so I guess that is a definitive BFN starting to stress that it could be a health issue. Anyone know what other reasons to be so late?? X

There are a million reasons why AF is so late. Anything from stress, weight loss/gain, coming off the pill (which you said you'd done a month or so before.)
My advice to you would be to go to the doctor and have him look into your situation. They will probably give you a pregnancy test and they might give you "provera" to bring AF back.
I hope you get some answers soon smile

Sign in to follow this topic