Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Disappearing Line on Pregnancy Test

Disappearing Line on Pregnancy Test Rss

hi,

I have been TTC for nearly 2 years after 2 previous miscarriages.

I did a First Response HPT this afternoon, and after 1-2 minutes all that was visible was the control line. Another minute or so later a very faint second line appeared. ( I am only 9DPO) I got really excited, showed my husband and he could definately see it as well.

After another 5 - 10 minutes the second line has disappeared.

From what i read on the forums, some people say they were still pregnant and others say it was a faulty test.

Has anyone had any experiences like this before??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

hi,

I have been TTC for nearly 2 years after 2 previous miscarriages.

I did a First Response HPT this afternoon, and after 1-2 minutes all that was visible was the control line. Another minute or so later a very faint second line appeared. ( I am only 9DPO) I got really excited, showed my husband and he could definately see it as well.

After another 5 - 10 minutes the second line has disappeared.

From what i read on the forums, some people say they were still pregnant and others say it was a faulty test.

Has anyone had any experiences like this before??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

id take another test with another brand of HPT. and of corse book a blood test if you get another odd result (or a positive of course!). good luck. i hope you get your little miracle xxx
I would do another test. They can fade, I thought it would be nice to keep my
Positive tests, (i did about three as i just couldnt believe it haha) and the other day
I noticed two of them the lines had faded a lot. It shouldn't usually come up with the line at all
Unless it picks up on the pregnancy hormone, maybe it's just really early days.
Good luck I hope you have those two definite lines soon!
I agree to try with another test - some tests can be so confusing! The clear blue digital test (large coles or safeways have it) is good as it states "pregnant" or "not pregnant" in words. It is not as sensitive as First Response though so you would need to wait atleast 2 or 3 more days to test. Good luck. If you still have your first response test you can crack it open and hold the clear test strip up to a window for a clearer vision. Hope that helped. Really, time will tell you the answer but i know how anxious you can get waiting!
I did a First Response test and had a very faint positive line that disappeared. Turned out I was pregnant (now 36 weeks) I didn't believe it though, until I had a darker line just to be sure.
Thankyou for your replies!

I did another first response this morning with FMU and the test was negative.

I guess the test was just faulty. So disappointing! sad
I used to get a claer 2nd line often hon, sounds gross but a doc told me once that it actually is the wee hitting the strip but then it dries. Its the pink colour in the line that you need not a clear line. could that have been what you saw?
No it was definitely pink! I even got my husband to check! It was in the right spot and everything!

I'm starting to feel like its never going to happen now. 2 miscarriages and then 2 years TTC and now this!

I just give up! sad

No it was definitely pink! I even got my husband to check! It was in the right spot and everything!

I'm starting to feel like its never going to happen now. 2 miscarriages and then 2 years TTC and now this!

I just give up! sad

Don't give up just yet!
You're only 10DPO now and it's not common for anyone to get a BFP before AF is due, so wait until Sunday/Monday (if you can! LOL) and test again then. Hopefully two pink lines will be looking back at you bright and clear!
Good luck smile

The same happened to me a month ago. I thought maybe I was seeing things. My fiancé did not see the faint positive I did and before you could count to 10 it was gone! I then started my period it only lasted a day or two and then stopped. Two days later my period returned. Well the next month I was noticing my period was a bit late...I then took another first response pregnancy test and it was a CLEAR POSITIVE!!!!!! I then followed the next day with a first response test and it took a few mins but its a clear positive as well!! smile so KEEP trying use a monthly calendar to follow when you are supposed to start your period. Trust your instincts!
Pregnancy tests are invalud after 10 minutes, that's why they say to look at the results after about two minutes. Take another test just in case though.

Something similar happened to me!! I’ve taken 5 HPT’s all positive results. 4/5 were first response tests. I had two very faint positives, that disappeared. But all the others have dried nice and dark. Do you think I’m pregnant?? Help!!
Sign in to follow this topic